First of all, thanks for reading this. The day before yesterday an update was pushed towards all clients, we realise this update came as a 'shock' to most people since it wasn't announced and a changelog wasn't provided afterwards.
Let's set a couple of things straight, in a previous update we blacklisted OpenIV to force the developers or community owners not to use it. You quickly found a workaround. Now, you might have noticed we banned it in a diffrent way. This has a reason, OpenIV shouldn't be used, this is because it's responsible for 75% of all crashes. Everything you would like to modify in FiveReborn can be done with server-/clientsided modifications except for sounds modifications (at this moment in time).
Here's a couple quick tips;
[CLIENT] EMERGENCY LIGHTS MODIFICATIONS
[CLIENT] MINIMAP MODIFICATION
A few other clientlocations are posted by @Levo and can be found here.
[SERVER] HOW TO STREAM MODIFIED VEHICLES/PEDS
VEHICLE .YTD/.YFT files
police is used as an example model
PED .YTD / .YFT files
s_m_y_cop_01 is used as an example model
A full tutorial on how to do this can be found here.
This will require you to edit your original game. In this example, we will modify a police car siren.
Modify vehicles.awc to your own needs.
Create folder a somewhere and name it anything you would like.
Download Affix ArchiveFix.
Extract ArchiveFix.exe in that same folder you just created.
Open CMD in that folder (SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK).
Type the following: archivefix fetch (make sure GTA V is running).
Let it do it's thing, it will take a while. Don't worry, they are cats.
Once done, drag the RESIDENT.rpf on top of ArchiveFix.exe.
Replace your original RESIDENT.rpf with OpenIV.
Launch FiveReborn and enjoy your custom audio.
* Make sure you do not install OpenIV.asi / asimanager or anything you would normally use for OpenIV.
* Community owners can now spread this modified RESIDENT.rpf in community packs.
* This program is 3rd party software, it's not developed by us. Use it at your own risk, we are not responsible for any problems this may or may not cause you. We are just providing you with this information as you all requested sounds modifications.
Next to that, you might have noticed that we are undergoing several changes. More information on this will follow in the near future. The latest update gives us the possibility to review/fix more errors and bugs then ever before. We now receive crash reports and are able to analyze them properly.
Last but not least, the latest changelog;
- dev build features
- new server list
- favorites now works properly
- environment checks for running the game
- internal stability improvements
- name saving now works properly
- bug reporting
- quite a few more things which we didn't bothered mentioning
Hope this helps..