Dedicated Five Reborn server hosting?

@kanersps @yarrum3 @trippin7464 Thank you everyone for the help and replies. I got in contact with a friend of mine who knows about these things and helped me set up my VPS and all. Thanks again for help!

@kanersps Hosting a 32 player server for only €3,00? Are we looking at the same OVH?

@afterburn said in Dedicated Five Reborn server hosting?:

@kanersps Hosting a 32 player server for only €3,00? Are we looking at the same OVH?

Yes?

@kanersps Ah my bad was looking at the dedicated server options. Thanks for the reply.

@kanersps hell yea that where i host. on point kane

I have gotten OVH now I am wondering how to get the server running from the command console? anyone have any help?

@Oobinoob said in Dedicated Five Reborn server hosting?:

I have gotten OVH now I am wondering how to get the server running from the command console? anyone have any help?

I’m also with OVH so I can help you out if you’re using Linux:)

Because we’re moving to Linux we have to change a few things,

1. On your PC open the server folder you just downloaded, move the everything into the bin folder (cache, resources,system, citmp-server.yml, run.bat)

2. Open an FTP program like FileZilla and connect to your vps (You can find your IP on the ovh manager, Your username should be root and port should be 22)

3. Once connected to your VPS navigate to Home > Ubuntu > FiveReborn (Make this folder) and drag and drop the Bin folder from step one into the FiveReborn folder (It will start uploading in FileZilla)

4. Open Putty and connect to your server

5. Once connected use the command “sudo apt-get install mono-complete”

6. After mono is installed you want to navigate to the Five Reborn folder you created earlier you can do this by entering the following commands;

cd /
    cd Home
    cd Ubuntu
    cd FiveReborn
    cd Bin

7. Once you are in the Bin folder enter the following command “mono CitizenMP.Server.exe”

8. If all went well your server should be started! :smiley:

(If your server is using a different Linux distro the steps should be the same just replace ‘Ubuntu’ with whatever distro you’re on, or put the FiveReborn folder in a different place)

1 Like

@LBX3 Great tutorial. bit more specified then mine.

@iRoyaltiez

We at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.com offer FiveReborn servers at affordable rates, in Canada, USA and throughout europe (UK, France, Germany, NL and Italy) You can rent one from us. Server’s are setup within minutes of purchase, no manual installation required, tweak via our game control panel interface

@iRoyaltiez

We at ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.com offer FiveReborn servers at affordable rates, in Canada, USA and throughout europe (UK, France, Germany, NL and Italy) You can rent one from us. Server’s are setup within minutes of purchase, no manual installation required, tweak via our game control panel interface

Hi @LBX3 I got to step 5 and i typed in sudo apt-get install mono-complete and when i clicked enter this came up

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package mono-complete

do u have any idea where i can locate the package or what the problem is ? Thanks

I had the same problem and this command seemed to fix that for me: “sudo apt-get update”
And then “sudo apt-get install mono-complete”
Now I have another problem, I have installed mono-complete but when I try to start CitizenMP.Server.exe with the given command I get this error:

Cannot open assembly ‘CititzenMP.Server.exe’: File does not contain a valid CIL image

Does anyone know what causes this?

Do you run the run.sh?

I just tried that ./run.sh command but I get permission denied?

chmod +x run.sh

I just tried that but it didn’t seem to do anything

Re-download the server files, then run this in the server dir and afterwards run run.sh.

I’ll try that, thanks.

Solved, removed sudo completly and reinstalled it

Nearly $20 for a 32 player FiveM server. Quite a rip off for cash.

You can easily get a ~$5 vps and run multiple FiveM servers on that…