The current FiveM server release requires server keys to be able to launch a server

This is a response after showing them the FiveM TOS etc and cancelling.

It is not illegal as we are providing gta servers that let clients host the files as vps servers so you can host what you want we are not specifically selling fivem servers.

Yet FiveM comes preconfigured? :thinking:

It’s not unusual for VPS providers to automatically install preconfigured software if requested. Digital Ocean for example allows you to have a server with nodejs or whatever preinstalled on it.

Really I don’t see how it’s much different to that? It’s just a script that automates downloading and extracting a publically available file?

They should at least have SSh access though, otherwise it’s not really a VPS in the first place.

… except ‘nodejs’ does not have a license prohibiting commercial use.

Yes but my point is it’s just being downloaded and extracted by a script on your own VPS. The customer still conciously chose to have FiveM installed out of their own free will, it’s just installed during setup rather than after the customer logs in.

Commercial use would be when the VPS owner gets finanical gain out of hosting the FiveM server. I.e. people donate (beyond the cost of the server), or the FiveM server is rented out (GSPs for example). But if it’s simply preloaded on the server, and they still have SSH access then that should be fine?

I am not against your decision. I just think the lines between commercial use and personal use and not clear for everyone.

To be fair, until the motives behind the exclusivity agreement are publicly announced, all there’s going to be is assumptions/speculation.

Unless they’ve provided you with SSH or Remote Desktop access, it’s not a VPS.

Sure, as long as the VPS provider doesn’t advertise with ‘omg, VPS with FiveM preinstalled’ and that is not the main reason people are buying those VPSes.

Well, ■■■■■■■■■’s ‘VPS’ still charges for slots.

1 Like

TL;DR: creating a monopoly between fivem and zap-hosting to get all the money.

Please ZAP is selling Slots, MEMORY , CPU and IP Address…

For lower price we sell Windows VPS with Windows License included. And our game servers are cheaper. Now who is crazy here???

LOL only 54 EUR cheap as shit.

And for the same money you can buy Windows VPS 8 Cores 3.7 Ghz, 20 GB RAM , 500 GB Drive where you can host game server, website, teamspeak and various other stuff.

This is monopoly and overpricing and you are in it since you allow/force people to ZAP.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion about GSPs

That’s with all the upgrades… You can get a good server anyway for 9 euros

This topic has been locked pending internal investigation.

5 Likes