The current FiveM server release requires server keys to be able to launch a server

You can create a key at https://keymaster.fivem.net

1 Like

I’m already aware there’s a web interface for doing it, I’m wondering if a web API will be provided so it can be automated during server deployment.

We currently have an exclusivity arrangement with ZAP-Hosting, this means that any other GSPs are not allowed to provide any commercial services involving the FiveM server files, as already hinted by the ‘(non-commercial)’ line on FiveM.net, and the phrasing in the ToS.

Additional disclosure: server keys only exist because of this agreement, all other benefits of server keys could have been implemented in other ways, and would have been eventually.

That is pretty ridiculous. Isn’t FiveM supposed to be an open source, community initiative?

Now you’re taking in money to give exclusive permissions to one single game server provider to host FiveM servers?

Sounds like a monopoly to me.

1 Like

You can still build your own server and directly connect to it, or run the FiveM binaries on servers you control, etc.; the only thing that is not allowed is game server providers providing preconfigured FiveM servers.

Assumptions. Again, you can still use a VPS, dedicated server, or home server to host a FiveM server, which can be obtained at any provider.

In the market of ‘preconfigured servers’, possibly. However, again, due to the low system requirements of a FiveM server, hosting on a VPS is a viable alternative that is often even cheaper.

Heck, someone could even make a service/app that (automatically, and for free) preconfigures a VPS when providing only SSH details, and as long as it is free (and not somehow indirectly or sneakily tied to a GSP!), it wouldn’t violate any terms of service.

1 Like

The whole reason game server providers exist is because a large amount of people do not want to go through the hassle of setting up their own servers. They want to enter their credit card details and get instant access to a pre-configured server.

By having an exclusive agreement with ZAP, you have severely restricted our choices when it comes to things like location (Germany only??), quality, support, tools etc. I can’t see any other reason for you doing this other than greed. If you want more control over server hosts, pick 3-5 hosts and simply work closely with them to ensure they are providing services the way you want. Competition is healthy and offering your players a variety when it comes to pre-configured servers is a huge bonus. You should be supporting hosts, especially the ones that are charging very fair prices and offering fantastic support to your players.

Surely these two statements contradict eachother? You say any provider could offer VPS or dedicated servers for FiveM, you then go onto say they can’t be tied to a GSP??

Any individual, and any VPS/dedicated server provider.

So even if the service being offered is exactly the same (VPS with SSH access only), if it’s from a GSP it is not allowed?

it’s allowed fine as it does not make use of the FiveM server files, though we’d have to check with someone with access to the terms of the contract to be sure.

Would really like to know now if my server is going to be shut down or not. I just bought it and everything roughly 10 days ago and we’re about to go live with it but if its just going to be shut down and I’m screwed outta the money would like to know so I can just cancel and get my money back if that’s the case.

I entered the key like my provider said too and I’ve been on my server just fine without any issues so really curious to see if I end up losing my server or not. I have mine through GTX()Gaming.co.uk is that helps.

Remove the ()

EDIT: It says my server is a VPS SERVER hosting…

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Same here sounds like greed FiveM

i have the same hosting

This friggin topic again.
We had a discussion last day about this in discord.
Just stop complaining do what you do if zap is a GSP ignore it.
Stop trying to make money out of it, they are just lucky and in time at the time.
Ohh btw you can run multiple server’s one one vps/dedicated server, but if there hosting related details going trough,
your server will get suspended.

Now lets go back to having fun again and stop being millennials.

Well the people I go through aren’t worried about it and more or less have said that my server isn’t going to get suspended or cut off. So I’m confused on all of this. Guess have to wait and see what happens with what seems like majority of the people that aren’t connected with the Zap Hosting.

I’m not saying that it’ll happen, because I’m not sure what the elements have planned, but they can not control what FiveM does. GSP’s, unless having a contract with FiveM, cannot stop FiveM from shutting servers down.

TO CLARIFY: I’m not saying your server will get shut down, I’m simply stating that your GSP can not ensure that it wont…

Yeah that’s my thought process as well. I’ve stopped all work on my server until I know what is going on. Don’t want to put forth the work and than suddenly be out the server and the work put forth.

I would also suggest that FiveM change some wording on the site because this is very misleading if they don’t want people using anyone but Zap. Granted it’s in the tos, but this is right on the front page of their website.

It says recommended, not required. Which to me is a very grey line and leaves things such as this right now up to interpretation. Just seems to be opening a jar for future issues with someone like that on the front of the website. So this post as well as the TOS contradict one another.

Not trying to cause issues but when something is recommended that doesn’t mean you are required to go through one place or another. But like I said, I Guess we will find out sooner or later what is going to happen.

Are you hosting the server on a VPS/dedicated server you (and not only your provider) has root SSH/RDP access to? If so, your server will still be allowed perfectly fine.

However, as you specified ‘the people [you] go through’, that can’t be answered by us as we do not know what people you ‘go through’.

I got through GTXGamingDOTcom, it’s a VPS server. I look and it says VPS. But I Didn’t download and install FiveM, it was already on the server which I believe is called preconfig?

They said I don’t have RDP

Ouch. Yeah, this is a really shady strategy of that provider to sell game servers labeled as ‘VPSes’… do you even have SSH root access? If not, I’d leave that provider as soon as possible, it’s also not even allowed to preconfigure the server files as the server files are on a non-commercial basis…

Yeah I Just saved my resources haha and cancelled the service and waiting for my refund so I can go to Zap I guess.