The current FiveM server release requires server keys to be able to launch a server

I like to proceed with the benefit of the doubt. So, before I point out what a horrible, horrible idea this is. Can you tell us why this isn’t a horrible, horrible idea? Please tell us exactly how this will function, why this must be, and why it is a great idea.

1 Like

One, it prevents unauthorized server providers hosting horribly outdated and broken servers, secondly it allows for easier monitoring of servers, there are probably way more reasons behind the scenes, an element can probably explain it better than i can.

3 Likes

More information on this scheme and migration requirements will be provided within the next week.

Calm your tits and wait for the explanation.

2 Likes

here is a screenshot from the discord. this should clear up any questions

“One, it prevents unauthorized server providers hosting horribly outdated and broken servers”
This is what competition decides. Anything bad floats to the bottom. MTA posts server version in the server list highlighting bad server version with an increasingly brighter version number, like version 1.3 flashing red…

“easier monitoring of servers”
http://runtime.fivem.net/api/servers/ Is an implemented and comprehensive monitoring system.

“wait for the explanation”
Once it has already been irrevocably launched in a Gotcha! scenario?

“having contact info for server owners”
mtaserver.conf
< !-- This parameter specifies the contact email addresses for the owner(s) of this server.
The email addresses will not be publicly available, and only used by MTA administrators to contact the server owner.
Note: Missing or incorrect owner_email_address can affect visibility in the master server list. Values: Comma separated list of email addresses – >
<owner_email_address></owner_email_address>
^^Currently optional

“this should clear up any questions”
it did not clear up a single question.

None of these are benefits. How does FiveM or the FiveM server operator benefit from this unnecessary oversight? Why is this not a horrible, horrible idea?

would you rather expose your email address or have an ID that only you and FiveM knows.

1 Like

Care to explain?

So if we have servers hosted through third parties, what happens to us?

“would you rather expose your email address or have an ID that only you and FiveM knows.”

Pardon, this subnote from the mtaserver.conf failed to show in my original post. Now corrected

< !-- This parameter specifies the contact email addresses for the owner(s) of this server.
The email addresses will not be publicly available, and only used by MTA administrators to contact the server owner.
Note: Missing or incorrect owner_email_address can affect visibility in the master server list. Values: Comma separated list of email addresses – >

“So if we have servers hosted through third parties, what happens to us?”
Expect they will upgrade or lose your business.

“Care to explain?”
Oversight is not a natural phenomena. Lack of it is. I want to first know what is the benefit of this Requirement? Because there is no benefit to this point of our discussion. What is the benefit of this requirement?

If this is a benefit to FiveM explain how in a transparent and understandable manner…
If this is a benefit to FiveM server owners explain how it is of benefit so that we can better understand.
Oversight is most often needless. The MTA Server key is self generated, and completely useless. IVMP has no server key. ■■■■■■ has no serverkey. Nanos JC3MP abandoned their server key after only 3 months of usage. Please explain why FiveM will require this?

Well if you have it through ZAP Hosting, you’re fine.

If it’s through another company, we aren’t 100% sure what the collective have planned yet. You’ll have to wait for an official statement.

contacting server owners/hosters.

there have been a lot of cases where we were unable to contact a host, for example about a outdated server build or TOS concerns.

1 Like

I did not understand a little, I can run the server on a hosting for example ruvds. com and get your key without problems?

Not 100% sure what the Collective’s intent is with GSP’s who aren’t authorized. The only hosting company that’s authorized to sell FiveM servers is ZAP Hosting. All the other’s are doing so without permission of FiveM Developers. Therefore, they are violating the TOS.

ruvds is vps / vds hosting and nothing more. that is, can I keep the server on vps hosting or do I need ZAP-Hosting? a difficult situation…

@freznva, VPS/Dedicated or hosted on your computer, are all fine. You just go to the website to register your forum account to the server, then apply the key to your server and you’re good to go.

K. Thanks for the help.

How do you go about asking the developers for a key for hosting?

I created the key and used it. Can I delete it?

“All the other’s are doing so without permission of FiveM Developers. Therefore, they are violating the TOS.”

Don’t think they don’t try to get authorized. FiveM seems to prefers playing monopol.

I think this is pretty unfair. They said GSP’s are “weird ass”. Well maybe if they were to provide any tools for other GSP (then themself with zap) to get authorized they would. Pretty sure most GSP would be more then willing to give a fair % to charity. Not only those are just new politics to get more money in their pocket, its also not the most effective way to do it.

1 Like

Will an API be provided for creating server keys?