[Release] Fire/EMS Pager + Fire Siren Resource

So I did everything you said about inserting your custom tones, when I try to join the server it says couldn’t load resource inferno-fire-ems-pager

As I said in my reply to your comment on YouTube:

That’s likely due to a syntax error in your __resource.lua, make sure you have the correct number of commas, and they’re in the correct place :slight_smile:

Please feel free to create an issue on GitHub if the problem persists.

@ChristopherM Hey mate great work! Just wondering if you could implement an Ace Permissions part for the resource for servers who do not use Steam ID for permissions? Like rather give a Ace group permission to use the script rather than having to add in specific peoples ID’s. Appreciate it buddy! Feel free to respond here and/or @ Skila#5566

1 Like

Using Ace as an alternative to Steam Hex, not a bad idea at all.

Could you do me a favor and throw that in a suggestion on GitHub for me, and we’ll see if we can’t get that added to the next release. It’s funny you should bring this up, I was just working on the permissions system yesterday.

Okay no worries @ChristopherM I appreciate your quick response

1 Like

Public Beta Version 4.5 is now available on GitHub! Nearly all the new features in this update were suggested by people on GitHub, so if you would like to see something added or changed, let us know by creating a new suggestion on GitHub :+1:

Loving the new update!!! Thank you for your work!

1 Like

For anyone looking to expand the resources application, this wiki post that was created today outlining how to call the pager from an external resource, may be useful to you:

exports[“inferno-fire-ems-pager”]:PagePagers(Tones)
where would i put this line in the in the external resource

i keep getting this error

Error running system event handling function for resource inferno-fire-alarm: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: No such export SoundFireSiren in resource firepage
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:760: in metamethod ‘__index’
@inferno-fire-alarm/server.lua:120: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182

Wherever you want to activate the pager. As for the error, make sure you followed the wiki exactly; it is an advanced tutorial.

how could i go by having the pager go off when a keyword is set off in chat, so such as /911 i need “ems” to my location. the “ems” word would set the pager off.

You’d have to listen in chat for the word, then trigger the server event.

how would i go about doing that? could you write a snippet up?

Do you already have a /911 command? If so, can you post it here please.

rpcmds.rar (921 Bytes) Yes this is the one i use, it has a couple commands in it to.

Refactored your code to remove the deprecated events, also added very quick example of how to page tones based off of key words.

thank you so much! i was trying to get this to work for so long!

Amazing. Good work!

2 Likes

A small update has been released, feel free to update; the new files are now available on Github.