[Release] FamilyRP Styled Voice Chat

I’ll be updating this resource soon with a really cool feature, look out for it :wink:

Soon, like today?! I was just about to download this, LOL.
I think I tried it before but didn’t see any circle on the ground when I loaded it and went into the server.

In like a week or so, you can’t see your own circle, just other players circles. The update is coming soon.

Hey @Kodak :slight_smile:
Awesome Script… But i dont know if this is an FiveM error or a Script Error…
Sometimes you need to Turn off and on your Microfone, to hear others and to fix so you can speak…
Its like everytime someone joins the server, or after some time…

It’s something that have happened after a FiveM update, as far as I have understood.

1 Like

Looking to maybe make the circle a little smaller and then change the color of the rings (both active and inactive), if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Everything is in the client.lua script.

--Set Default Values for Colors
local red = 255
local green = 255
local blue = 255

That’s default color of course AKA not talking.

Then there’s:

if NetworkIsPlayerTalking(id) then
						red = 255
						green = 0
						blue = 0

when someone is talking it would be that color and finally…

DrawMarker is what you’re looking for to change the size. that being said though there are a lot of arguments for this one so check HERE and search for drawmarker to find out what one in there is the SCALE.

Cheers,

Kombowz

2 Likes

Alright, so i’m finally getting back to this reply after a busy week. 255, 255, 255 doesn’t make sense, as that would make it white. Same goes for the second section there, but would make it white (if you’re going by standard RGB). So, do you think you’d be able to show me what lines I should change to get rid of the inactive color (I want to make it so there is no color at all).

Going by what you originally asked the community I answered every question you had perfectly. So my reply makes 100% sense.

Looking to maybe make the circle a little smaller and then change the color of the rings (both active and inactive)

In order for you to make it invisible without removing it the entity would have to have an alpha channel. Otherwise, you would have to make it not draw the inactive circle and ONLY draw it when someone is talking. If of course that’s what you want to do now.

1 Like

what part of the code do I remove so their is not the ID over head for the players and the circle just remains?

Not my fault, fivem’s fault.

You probably have another script running.

Kombowz is correct. He answered it correctly.

Hi, I install it. but I only see the white circle. (does not change the color when speaking). Please can you give me an explanation of installation and requirements. (esx) Sorry to bother! I’m starting in Fivem. From already thank you very much!.

will this remove the chat from at the top show who is talking?

It has never been apart of it, if you have both scripts separated so I don’t see why they will get conflict. you can keep em both.

Alright so I’m trying to change the distance of this to only show the circle if youre around 2 meters from the person but when I change it in the client.lua and restart the resource it still shows for around 10 meters which is the default distance. Anyone know why this is happening?

hey is there a way to make it so the circle isn’t shown until someone talks?

just delete:
else
DrawMarker(25, x2,y2,z2 - takeaway, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.5, 239, 239, 239, 50, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0)

so I have started using this but I have found that when someone talks other players can hear them over the otherside of the map ?? has anyone else had the same if so how did you fix it ??