an open source external CAD software.
This is no longer being supported, I’ve decided to join BlockBa5her in making DispatchSystem, linked at the bottom of this post.
Hello! I haven’t played FiveM much less been on a roleplay server in a month, however this is a project that I made for a server I used to develop for, and I figured as it’s going to no good use letting it die, I would post it here.
You may have seen this on the forums before, I asked him to take it down or credit me so he took it down.
You might see all the stuff below and wonder what it actually is and does, here’s video (colored bars at the bottom represent the section, white for demonstration).
If you ever need to link someone to this project, please use these:
- Google Site (doesn’t look like its from 2007 as well) which contains basically all of links below and a sweet Discord plugin that shows our Discord server status (couldn’t post it on here cause HTML).
This FiveM forums post which is what youre reading goof
If you link them to these they are guaranteed to up to date info.
- GitHub which I personally prefer less-so because it doesn’t have as much info on it, but if you need to link to source I would recommend this more than the others.
- Straight to releases. The latest release has almost half the commits of the entire project since that release, so if you want to get a real representation of what it looks like wait for v2.0.0 or join the Discord which has the beta active right now.
- Straight to the readme file (contains installation and configuration instructions)
- Straight to project (in-progress features, planned features, and community ideas)
Discord Server (join for faster viewing and talk about new features and also become a beta tester. Betas are really easy to get into!)
- Civilians: Name, plate, read-only ID, weapons, and read-only tickets),
- Police: Ticketing (can only ticket people by ID)
- Dispatch Plate/name/id checks which opens up a read-only view of their civilian profile.
A unit menu and active unit menu are one of my goals for post v2.0.0 stable
I’m looking for helpers!
I’m planning on adding locale files (ini files that contain info for displaying text different languages). If you speak a second language fluently and confidently, please join the Discord and mention it or message me through the forum PMs.
How to post issues
Please do not post issues here, and if you have issues please check the GitHub to see if other people had it and resolved it. Not resolved? Open a new issue.
If it crashes please immediately post that as a GitHub issue, include what you were doing, and if it’s a server crash please post an image or pastebin of the exception (the paragraph long error that it says as it crashes). Soon error logs will be a thing, but I need to polish everything before the new release happens and I will have a beta for testing before then. Make sure to label your issue as a crash!
You can find credits in the credits file, but I would like to make this part a special place for other FiveM forum users.
- @BlockBa5her for his great Dispatch System (FiveM forum post) (Github), a project with the similar goal of creating an easy-to-use CAD. Looking into the source showed me how much further the limits of object orientation can go, and led me to working on optimizing my project which will help me in the future. Thank you!