[Release] Disable Player Blips & Overhead Names

Little recommendation, making the possibility for admins to see on the map but not ordinary players.

:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

Also checkout the wiki because it contains instructions for all of the configurable features.

Oh shit I’m blind ahahaha

Every time i get in the server, there is always one person whos name i can see over the car and over head. It is weird because its only one person i can see everyone elses name is hidden. https://gyazo.com/49fbe9f13036a6904a7a9b20abc9978b

That’s strange, I’ll have to look into this when I’ve got time.

Cool, just thought i would bring it up. I thought it was weird because out of 20 people, there is only one person at random where I see their name.

im confused i got it to work and every now and again a player name randomly shows above someones head like it goes from it working just fine to someone having there name over their head

Yeah im experiencing the same problem too. I can see maybe 2 peoples names above head at a full server. Same goes for everyone else. Also i have added myself to the god permission in server.cfg and still cant seem to get it to work.

Well it’s sort of impossible for me to test this. because I only have 2 accounts/computers to test this on, and occasionally a few people willing to help test. But as long as I can’t fill a 32 slots server, I won’t be able to debug this to try and figure out what’s causing this.

1 Like

Hey man, thanks alot for this script!
The names over head works like a charm, at least on 2 players, someone else came close and they had no name.
There is also no map blips…
Any suggestions?

That’s exactly what this resource does… It disables over head names and player blips… It’s not supposed to show them unless you disable that feature, but it never “creates” blips, it always just “removes them”. You’ll have to get another resource to add the blips.

I figured…
But still, why is only 1-2 players showing the playernames?
The rest is not showing. Any fix for this?
I’m actually using your script to show names, not hide them. Only script that is working properly. :slight_smile:

This is a random bug that multiple people have and I’m not sure why this is happening :confused:

Damn…
You have the only working playernames, would you mind trying to figure it out please? :stuck_out_tongue:

Like i said, i can’t figure out why this is happening and i can’t just put more time into it and suddenly find the bug…that’s not how it works

this is still one of my favorite scripts :stuck_out_tongue:

ya the bug happens to me when like a random person times out at a random time then it shows a random persons name above there head im not for sure why it does that but it would be amazing if you could fix that in some way so that we dont have to worry about that anymore and to just completely have everything hidden… but other than that its an amazing little script that helps out alot!!

I mean to solve this just turn names off client side, dont remove the script obviously, just turn names off on your side until he has time to fix it.

Sad thing is, I honestly don’t know how to fix it.

It is a weird issue, i just turned off names client side along with this script.