[Release] AI Tow Truck Script

Do you want to move a vehicle from the road, but there are no active tow truckers on the server? Well, now you don’t need anyone because this script allows you to call in for an AI tow truck!

Features:

• /tow to call for the tow truck!
  • configs and customization!

Known Issues:

• Sometimes the tow truck spawns directly in front of the player.

Screenshots:

20180203221553_1

Changelog:
  • v1.0 - Initial Release
    /tow command, custom company name, driving style customization.
  • v1.1 - Bugfix
    Fixed some minor bugs.
  • v1.2
    Added /canceltow command.
    Added option to delete last Tow Truck.
  • v1.3
    Improved spawning system for the tow truck.
    Added a towOffset option in client.lua for people using modded tow trucks.

Download v1.3: vehTowing.rar (2.9 KB)

Older Versions:

Download v1.0: vehTowing-v1.0.rar (2.8 KB)

Download v1.1: vehTowing-v1.1.rar (2.6 KB)

Download v1.2: vehTowing-v.1.2.rar (2.8 KB)

16 Likes

Ooo looking forward to trying this!

2 Likes

Dang that cool! thanks for this! already downloaded it!

love the tow guy lines!

1 Like

after a lot of experiments, for the best performance, 262912 is the driving style you guys should use.

3 Likes

lol saw it refresh my screen as soon as you uploaded the v1.1

1 Like

Fixed a bug that would cause the vehicle you was sitting in to be towed after you requested to tow a different vehicle.

v1.1
Fixed some minor bugs.

uhh a little off the flatbed :joy:

Do you have a modded flatbed?

Not bad i will try it in a bit!!!

1 Like

yes

(20 char gotta love it!)

That is why then. You can play around with AttachEntityToEntity in the code to see if you can get the coords right for your towtruck,

1 Like

ok i will try and come back if i got it!

EDIT: i was using an els enabled tow truck i decided to switch it to the flatbed from @Deziel0495 Just another towing script and i will see if it still shows it or not

2 Likes

Hi mate. Nice script but one thing I found when observing/testing the AI tow…he goes awol… smashes into every car it comes into contact and disregards all forms of social/driving skills lol.

same but i applied the 262912 driving style in the client.lua and it changed it.

Guys, how can i create a icon in the map to mark some place? can someone help me?

Script isn’t working when i do /tow

Have it installed correctly but just doesn’t work

yeah for some reason i keep experiencing that it worked when i first installed it now it doesn’t i tried clearing cache,restarting server,restarting the script, everything.

1 Like

what happens to the car after the tow truck takes it?

Well, let me put it this way… If you were to accidentally tow a cargo plane (not speaking from experience or anything), be careful cuz you may stumble upon it after 30 minutes of driving about the map :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: