Need help with a model

So i redid a texture for a unmarked vehicle but it has a antenna in OpenIV i can hit a check box to remove it but i cant save it that way, how can i remove the antenna so that this unmarked can be more stealth, and what do i do if the yft file is locked?

OpenIV is used for viewing models, not changing them. If the model is locked then there is no way to edit it. Sorry.

if the model is locked then you cannot change the model itself the TEXTURES can be edited tho open the YTD file for the car and that contains the images you can replace , so put that somewhere in gta folder so OPENIV reads it click EDIT MODE , find the file open it , find the texture you want to change click replace , find new texture upload save

yeah i edited the textures and replaced them but the antenna was still there, i released it to our public server and it doesnt look to bad just makes it more noticeable. would love to have it without it if anyone can look into it for me and see, idk if its locked.

yea the antenna is part of the model is it an ELS vehicle or non ELS ? most NON ELS cars use EXTRA parts so maybe disabling one of the extras would turn off the antenna

non els, the model files themselves have the boot “trunk” and then it has a sub option for the antenna.

give me a link to the model ill take a look under the description maybe theres a second version or a similar vehicle to use, maybe it has a second file without antenna that you have to use

i dont have a link to the release of the model. i can upload the ones i did to dropbox.

i cant seem to find the model u got the metas ??? vehicles.meta to check if it hax extras enabled permanently etc cuz i think the models locked so cant just remove it unfortunately if its an extra it can be disabled but if it’s enabled as extra in the meta it can be turned off or you can try a different model

i have this vehicle as my fbi replacements im uploading all the files to dropbox for you now.

so they use the vanilla metas so it must be the model then hmm ill see if i can find a stock meta for those cars and check if it has anything so far i haven’t found anything but u can try going to the vehicles.meta find FBI and FBI2 go to FLAGS section add FLAG_HAS_EXTRAS and see if that will let u take it on/off from the car

yeah all the extras do all the push bar and the top light bar, and interior lights

yea then it must be in the model and its locked so it cannot be removed easily it would be easier to find a similar / different model you like to use then trying to unlock the model

yeah i just am really looking for a new 16 charger model and then make it a UC

only like 2 out there xD i had the same issue with mine i didn’t like something and then i couldn’t find it sometimes sacrifices need to be made or you can model your perfect car :wink:

iv never modeled a car before or i would

youtube has tutorials plus u can just get an UNLOCKED model and just add the police parts to it not having to actually model the car from scratch that takes hrs/days/months , most ppl buy a model and make it better update what they want etc and add the stuff to it

also so this model was the LSPD charger when i removed the livery it made the car stuck white, how can i make it so i can change the color in the paint menu?

i believe you would have to add a transparent livery to the ytd or like a black/white one and then when u choose that livery you go under paint and change to w.e color u desire, also meta needs to have a flag to enable liverys