FiveM Dashcam

yes ik but your first build on your commits that’s what it did.

(the one that says Initial Commit)

And?? I am confused on if that is an issue or not?

well i’m just saying that had a chat cmd and it kicked you lol

But you said you tried to change it to a keybind and it did it though? Also that kick message makes no sense as those messages don’t occur like that when issues occur,

wierd because it said that when i changed the keybinding code to this:

RegisterCommand("dc", function(source, args, raw)
    if dashcamActive then
        DisableDash()
    else
        if IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), false) then
            EnableDash()
        end
    end
end, false)

That is a command, Not a keybind? Also /dc I think is a built in fivem command for disconnect… It can’t be /dc.

i just realized that! i had the quit fivem script in! lol

EDIT: i’ll just make it /dashcam

This is sexy! Xander can me and Faxes buy your children?

How can I change the key bind because C it interferes with looking back

while true do
        if IsControlJustPressed(1, 26) and IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), false) then
            if dashcamActive then
                DisableDash()
            else
                EnableDash()
            end
        end

if dashcamActive then
            local bonPos = GetWorldPositionOfEntityBone(attachedVehicle, GetEntityBoneIndexByName(attachedVehicle, "windscreen"))
            local vehRot = GetEntityRotation(attachedVehicle, 0)
            SetCamCoord(cameraHandle, bonPos.x, bonPos.y, bonPos.z)
            SetCamRot(cameraHandle, vehRot.x, vehRot.y, vehRot.z, 0)
        end
        Citizen.Wait(0)
    end
end)

change: if IsControlJustPressed(1, 26) and IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), false) then
to: if IsControlJustPressed(1, NumberHere) and IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), false) then
from https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Controls choose your control id and change it to that!
for example:

if IsControlJustPressed(1, 82) and IsPedInAnyVehicle(GetPlayerPed(PlayerId()), false)

that changes it to the comma.

Comma Key ID:

1 Like

is there a way that I can change the logo and name of dept?

Yeah. Its code. Edit the code. and change the image…

just wanna say amazing script it works so well

2 Likes

if i work some of my magic of making the dash cam record it do i have permission to publish

No. Do not make another topic. There is no reason for it.

I have already attempted at recording using natives. It doesn’t record the UI on the screen.

UPDATE

• Added better screen overlay. Actually looks like a camera now and doesn’t look yellow.

fank u for ur gud werk

Perfect! Thanks for the good work and sharing!

1 Like

I think this is a fantastic release. I only have one thing bugging me and that’s the actual clarity of the image I see thru the cam. It is not very good. I see screen shots and mine is not even close to that quality. I have a 1440p monitor with gsync and a 1080ti. Why my visuals are so muddy is a mystery. Does anyone have any input as to why my images are not sharp and clean? I also run the tabby on my server and it’s as clear as my monitor is. Can watch videos and browse the web with no loss of quality. I know it’s not the tab causing issues, I installed the dashcam before I added the tab and it was the same muddy images on the dashcam as usual.

It all depends on your graphics settings and whether or not you have custom visuals installed.