Deprecating CitizenMP.Server

Hi if it’s possible in FXserver.
How to stream files above 16mb? It’s really necessary for me. I can downgrade .ytd files because there it’s textures but .yft files I don’t know how to downgrade. Thanks for help ;]

Ask the author of the mod to cut down on the details :slight_smile:

Sorry if have been asked already, but: is required not working a feature or a bug? It’s supposed not to work, or is subject to fix?

https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Running_FXServer

I’ve read the wiki, thanks. Question remains. Is required gone for good, or it’s a temporary inconvenience?

Hey man I’m the owner of the GtaMobileAlabamaClan and I would definitely like for you to help me set up a fix server I have no idea what that is lol

Loading scripts

• require doesn’t exist anymore, any scripts/libraries should be loaded using the server_script directive in the resource manifest.

“Doesn’t exist” is technically incorrect, because required does exist in Lua 5.3. So my question is, did they explicitly restricted it’s usage for some reason, or is it a temporary measure.

1 Like

does it matter? also, no, it won’t return

1 Like

Because it’s a goddamn pain in the back, what were you even thinking - disabling, basically, a LINKER?!? The described workaround is merely a workaround, it’s unstable and unsafe (try a file that starts with a comment).

Then again, I’ll just throw all scripts in __resources, no big deal, they all end up being loaded in the memory anyway, but

DISABLING A LINKER.

1 Like

What about those of us who rent a server from citadal-servers?

1 Like

This. What happens if we have servers rented from citadal-servers?

Let them know about the server changes.

2 Likes

^^^ Exactly. The server software needs to be updated and the client can’t go on struggling to support two different versions. This is the best approach to making sure everyone transitions to the new software.

Update your mods, get ready, enjoy the new features. People will complain as they always do but as someone using FX-Server for the past little while it’s way better than CFX.

1 Like

The port looks really easy. I can’t wait to try the new platform! Thanks devs.

1 Like

I have no idea what the hell I’m doing.

very related XKCD https://xkcd.com/1172/

7 Likes

@Mikofiticus @gunner9213 get the hell away from citadal. Believe me. Their support is terrible. Best thing I’ve ever done is leave them. If you want to host remotely, rent a dedicated server instead. Then you can logon from through remote desktop and install everything yourself and make sure it’s done correctly. Also helpful for the transition to CouchDB since cidadal sucks there too.

3 Likes

don’t do it pls pls pls pls

Damn some people in these comments need to chill the fuck out.