Best hosting/vps?

Ahhhh… yet another question.

Because if I get Ubuntu server, I will connect to it by FTP like FileZilla, and launch the server with Putty.

What if I choose Kubuntu tho? How do I conect to the interface?

All linux flavours use the same method. All use SSH and a form of transport (SFTP, FTP, etc…)

1 Like

I’ll go with Ubuntu server then :).

Ok, so I got a VPS Cloud 1, tho now I noticed the installation isn’t the same as with cfx servers, where the linux and windows version were basically same. How the hell do I do it now :D? How do I install Icecon for example? There are so many files o_O.

Icecon installs locally on your computer. As with Linux, installation guide for FXServer is here.

1 Like

Yeah. I thought it would come a bit more setup than it did. Couldn’t connect to it via FileZilla. I set up proftpd, but then it gave me errors that the username and password are wrong (Using the ones provided by OVH). The Vps doesn’t even ping to the website, tho it is online.

To big of a noob in Linux. Trying to reinstall my VPS with Kubuntu. Maybe that will be easier.

EDIT: What do I do with the .tar.gz zip file of icecon tho?

Icecon? You don’t need IceCon, and IceCon does not get installed on the server, unless you want it to via tar -xzf X replacing X with the full name of the tar file.

1 Like

I managed to install Debian 9, make the FTP work (tho I don’t have permissions to open the .ssh folder in “Debian”.

I wonder, how should the linux server file look? I unpacked the fx.tar file. What do I do with the cfx-server-data tho?

I will suggest you to go with Cloudways, because it is managed cloud hosting service and have their easy to use built console where I manage all my websites myself and just with some click, Migration is easy, installation and fixing issues is more easier with their support team.

I have gone with OVH looong time ago :D. But thanks for the suggestion!

That’s great, but I will suggest you to take cloudways trail and test them.

I rented VPS CLOUD 2 with windows, but I dont know why when the server is almost full or full server closes without any type of error or warning, I was tracking memory and cpu use and is about 50-70% I have no idea where is the problem… 30€ wasted D:

Didn’t run into that problem on the Cloud 1 yet, since my server is pretty much always empty haha :D. Tho I have to say that no matter if there is 1 or 5 players on the server, it uses 95% of the 2GB Ram it has :/. Is that normal?

That’s not OVH fault really. Multiple reasons why this could be are:

1. Intensive usage by neighbouring clients (as this is a VPS you could be on a server with potentially dozens of other people)
  2. Stability-wise and cost, a Linux server will always beat a windows server, not forgetting about security.
  3. A busy server will not give you warnings, it is best if you trace and view what process is utilising the most CPU usage.

I use vpsdime, quite an overkill, but for $7 you can host a dozen servers on one vps.

Not my website but how is it broken? Works fine for me.

Just came back up. But they do not do VPS hosting?

Oh ok - they currently don’t do VPS hosting - but its Managed Hosting. So they help you setup your server and make sure its running - additionally you get a control panel. On a VPS you have to worry about installed updated and the right distibs. and what not - this host makes it much more convenient for you when it comes down to running your server. There staff is very nice.

But they don’t do VPS’ so how can they help you setup a server on a VPS…

The servers are all on a Dedicated Server if you read the About Me, its in there - the dedicated server runs multiple Game Servers… so why would they setup a Virtual Private Server for? That wouldn’t make any sense…
The automation system automatically sets up the server for you and the database. They help you make sure that your server works fine and if need be transfer your files from your previous host. You can always chat with there Sales Team if you have any further questions that I may can’t answer…