Best hosting/vps?

I use emperorhosting.com also, great services.

Costs quite a bit more than OVH :D.

Will check them out too tho.

https://www.ovh.es/vps/vps-cloud-ram.xml

With OVH you need proof your over age of 18 (via PhotoID, DL, etc)

1 Like

Oh, ok. Didnā€™t know that :D.

May be a problem hehe.

Meh, i just got my mum to do that for me :laughing:

Well some parents donā€™t feel comfortable giving their IDā€™s and I understand why :blush:

Which plan did you choose?

I do a lot of stuff on mine and use Cloud RAM, it isnt necessary for running a fivem server though

Ok. Thanks for that :).

Would you recommend SSD or Cloud?

Well, turns out that you donā€™t have to be 18 :).

I live in Norway, so I chose ā€œWorld ($)ā€, and ā€œNorwayā€ when registering.

Didnā€™t ask for date of birth at all :D.

Have you found anything in the log file?

Also should I go with the cloud, or would ā€œVPS 2ā€ be enough?

EDIT: Also just to make sure, Ubuntu is the way to go, or?

Nothing obvious, which is strange.
Iā€™m sure a remote serverā€™s performance will be more reliable and better.

Yes, Ubuntu is great

1 Like

Oh, weird :/.

Sorry for asking so many questions :D.

What would you go with tho in this situation?

VPS 1, VPS 2, VPS 3, VPS Cloud 1, VPS Cloud 2 or VPS Cloud 3?

Also would you go with one of the 2 French servers, or the one in Warsaw (Poland)? Any differences between them?

Is there any good reason for why one would go with Windows instead of Linux (I have used Linux a bit before, not very much tho.)?

Thank you so much for all the help up until now!

Also, the VPS Cloud 1 says ā€œ25GB storageā€. Is that including, or excluding the system?

Thought about going with WIndows. I think it will be easier for me.

Tho the Minimum GB an OS drive should be is 32gb (What Microsoft put on their website).

You think itā€™ll be enough?

Including the system.

Linux is a lot smaller in size, and has better memory management and better buffering system as well as security, although it will take some time for someone without experience to gain shell knowledge.

You can go for windows too, but licenses cost and I think you still need to adhere to its minimum requirement, although it should not penalise you for not having 32 GB, otherwise Iā€™m not sure.

1 Like

Oh ok. I guess Iā€™ll go for Linux then :). Just one last question, 100mbit bandwidth will be enough?
Cause I have the same bandwidth, and it didnā€™t work so well for me, running it at home :/.

More than sufficient. FiveM is not bandwidth intensive, but relies on latency instead for noticeable performance.

1 Like

Well, I guess Iā€™ll go for it then :). Most likely VPS Cloud 1 with Kubuntu, or Ubuntu Server.

Thank you all the help I got from you, and sorry once more for asking so many questions :D.