Best hosting/vps?

Hello! I was wondering what would be the best price to performance hosting/vps?

I would like to host a 32 player Police, Ems, Fire RP server, with custom emergency vehicles and peds.

I heard good things about OVH, but what plan should I choose for a server like this? What specs do I need to look for?

Thanks in advance
Szymon

Hello!
Specs are not really that important, as the server only updates positions like an orchestra, and makes sure resources are available for the client. The stress is mainly carried on the first person to join the server, known as the host or the arbitrator.

I use OVH dedicated plans for my other projects, and they are great. For FiveM, I suggest you go for anyone of their plans. Their VPS Cloud 1 looks promising. Just make sure you have enough disk space considering you will have the operating system installed and your resources.

2 Likes

emperorhosting.com when you order a vps it comes with free web hosting. I would recommend

(Also if you want windows you just have to put it in the notes section when buying.)

4 Likes

Bit useless if youre getting a Linux VPS :smiley:

1 Like

Not really because it comes with Plex Web Panel for free. Also you can get windows

Oh, ok. So if a guy with a poor pc joins, it will lag for others? DIdn’t quite understand you here.

Cause I tried running this server on my old win 10 laptop (4gb ram, i5 4 core, enough diskspace).
The main PC I play on has a GTX 1080, 16gb ram and i5 6600k.
I have 100mbit internet (120 down, 20 up).

When I play on it alone, it works like a charm.
However when my other friend joined, and I turned on the sirens in my els car, the game started to desync, and he timedout.

Yesterday I tried running the game on my main pc and yet another laptop, to see if the sirens work or not with my own eyes, I started getting timeouts on both PC’s.

Here I described what happened in-depth: Timeout problems

1 Like

Not exactly, because GTA uses a vouching system to chose the arbitrator (think of it as clients voting for the next host), as GTA uses a mesh network.

3 Likes

Oh ok. Why would it run on my laptop so bad tho?

Minor desyncs are normal, and it also depends on the amount of resources you have as well as the quality of those resources.

Some resources are notorious for causing crashes, desyncs, instancing, etc…

1 Like

But those aren’t minor desyncs. What I am talking about is 3 second time between doing /dv and the car dissapearing, all the AIs and cars freezing, and timeouts.

Here is a list of the resources.

start mapmanager
start chat
start spawnmanager
start sessionmanager
start fivem
start hardcap
start ■■■■■■■
start scoreboard
start playernames
start customvehicles
start 911
start pv-tow
start EasyAdmin-master
start loadingscreen
start guiEd_eng
start disclaimer
start mxhandcuff
start frfuel
start FCV
start compass
start streetLabel
start ELS4FiveM
start vehcontrol
start deleteveh
start carhud
start wk_vehdamage
start RPDeath
start Hospital
start Jailer
start modelblacklist

1 Like

What’s the total size of your customvehicles folder?

1 Like

79,9mb. 5 cars or something.

1 Like

If I would end up renting a vps, would it be possible to just paste my server folder in there using FileZilla, or would I have to do something differently, because it’s Linux?

1 Like

Your resource folder should be ok, however you need to download and extract the FXServer files for linux.
With regards to desync, you said it becomes an issue once you turn on sirens for ELS, so without ELS, it’s ok?

1 Like

Looked like it. Tho it was fine when testing with another friend.

Yesterday when testing it on 2 PCs on my home network, spawning a custom car on my main pc, it wouldn’t even show up on the laptop.

I was getting timedout on both PCs quite often when running 2 clients. Was getting the vouch thing in my console.

ELS was never officially supported for FiveM anyways.
Can you upload a copy of your CitizenFX.log file?
Personally, I’ve had issues with ELS vehicles, so that might just be the issue. The issue seemed to vary a lot based on various circumstances.

1 Like

CitizenFX.log (517.2 KB)

Here you go.

1 Like

2 things to note:

1. sv_handcuffs.lua needs fixing and proper porting as it is an old resource using a deprecated function stringsplit. Refer to here.

2. I meant your client citizenfx.log file, located in FiveM application data folder.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Will attach the correct file. I have fixed the sv_handcuffs file, together with a couple others which were outdated too.

CitizenFX.log (89.5 KB)

Here it is