vSync (v1.4.0) | Simple weather and time sync

I use vMenu with vSync and have all of vMenu’s Time and Weather related functions disabled. Just out of curiosity I disabled vSync and re-enabled vMenu’s time and weather options, and the issue doesn’t occur. The issue isn’t so much as flickering sky its more like when time advances 1 minute the sky updates by jumping the moon (or sun) / clouds to the position it should be at the moment, not smoothly transitioning as it should, it is very jarring and noticeable movement, and again I can assure you, I have only one time synchronization addon started at a time. This all started after a clean installation of the ESX base resources, no issues before this.

You answered your own question there. It doesn’t happen without esx resources? Must be esx then.

Alright let me ask a new questions then, does vMenu handle weather and time synchronization in a fundamentaly different way than vSync does? Because if they handle it the same way then it makes no sense why vMenu synchronization works with ESX and vSync does not.

It works the same way, in fact, vSync works better. However I no longer provide support for this script anyway.

Hi Vespura,
Do you experience with vSync or vMenu some flash/screen flickering (something like one or two frame) when weather is changing throught SetWeatherTypeOverTime ? Can’t remember if it was happening last year when I was using vSync and dynamic weather. I’m trying to do something similar in JS and your code from vMenu and vSync was really helpful for that.

Sorry if I should not ask here.
Thanks you :blush:

Yes, there’s nothing that i can do about this. Though setting the transition to 45 seconds (like r* uses) seems to make this not happen as often, though it’s still there sometimes, and will usually always be there if you use any graphics mod.

1 Like

Thanks you for these explanation, really appreciated.

i have noticed if my game is in fullscreen mode and the weather automatically changes using this script my ram usage goes from roughly 8GB to 15GB, is this a known bug?

is vSync using that much ram? Show a screenshot/video of this with resmon open.

Do you think it would be possible to add a “separate” pool of light sources? Like where ever the lights are set, can’t you separate the target for those natives? Like instead of using those you use the new ones.

What?

The native I use is called something like “SetArtificialLightsState” and the only thing I can specify is the state (a Boolean value, true or false). Nothing else can be changed.

So it turns off all artificial lights, hence why fires, sun/moon still appear to “emit” light, but most electronic “artificial” lights turn off.

Was just a suggestion man

And my comment was just a reply…?

What ever’s happening right now you’re making me uncomfortable and I’mma scream. >:(

hello im having issue with this when people join my server there is like 2 weathers like sunny in night so it keeps glitching any way to fix it

ok but is there fix ?

Yes, you can fix it by reading the FAQ.

1 Like

I have installed this but when i start it the game screen flickers black.
anyone know how to fix?

its possible to display time in the hud? i mean hours and minutes of day

1 Like