Virtual Worlds/Dimensions

http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/SetPlayerVirtualWorld

Virtual Worlds are basically spaces where players can only interact with other players who are in the same world. In SA-MP it worked by setting a vehicle/object/player’s virtual world to a number and you would only be able to interact with them if you were in the same world.

In FiveM I haven’t found anything similiar other than instances, but they aren’t the right solution. Footsteps, Explosions and Peds are still synced.

0 Likes

Though this is a nice idea, is it a big issue that explosions, peds ect are synced? Could you not use a god mode of sorts to ensure the separation if required?

0 Likes

“Virtual Worlds” were a feature of the RenderWare game engine. It’s not a part of the RAGE Engine, so you can’t just “add it”.

0 Likes

The problem is explosions also carry shockwaves which could unsettle cars in a race for example and other types of game modes. Peds wouldn’t be a big issue to me personally since I don’t plan on using them in my current project, but it might be for someone else.

I haven’t checked how it works exactly, but I’ve seen this feature in another multiplayer client.

0 Likes

Maybe some of these natives could be made use of?
https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/#n_NETWORK
Possibly we can control the session and maybe find a way to bring a player in and out of them.

1 Like

I could see someone making a resource to simulate player Virtual Worlds but it definately wouldnt be easy and some things would still be synced unfortunately.

0 Likes

Not going to happen for legacy networking, and not a high-priority feature for 1s. Intent is to implement this in a slightly different way from the traditional ‘just set a number hurr durr’, both to discourage people trying to use this for interiors, as well as to allow for added flexibility.

2 Likes

At the moment how would multi-gamemode (not in rotation, but simultaneously) servers be possible or an apartment system like we’ve seen in gtao?

0 Likes

This doesn’t use a “dimension” system, but simply uses normal natives to hide other players/their related entities, along with some likely undocumented natives to disable some more stuff.

1 Like