[TT RP] New Server / Founded by a Gaming Community! 17+ | Map Enhancements | Serious Roleplay | Whitelisted Jobs | Many Non-Whitelist Jobs | Drugs | Bank, Store and Player Robberies | Hiring PD, EMS & Mechs | Realistic Economy | ESX | Active Dev / Staff

Bump!

Bump Bump

to the top!

Bump Bump

Bump!

We’ve got snow! For the month of December it is snowing! Drive safely :slight_smile:

RedM Server is Officially Launched

New premium MLOs are now running in the city. This means there are new building interiors from premium content providers like Yurii and Gabz (yes, we are patreons of theirs).

Well, I have to provide some criticism to this server after being on it for over a month:

1. There are too many bugs to deal with. Falling through the city, TokoVOIP breaking randomly, EUP’s not working as they should.

2. Donators are pretty much allowed to get away with whatever they want. I get that servers require funds to survive. With the amounts that some players have been dropping, it gives them too much power, and is causing problems in the end.

3. Even though a band of players were evicted some time ago, it appears that a new group has arrived. Mafias should not be allowed to exist in FiveM. A group of players can generate a large donation and pretty much rule the server without being monitored for their actions.

4. Sure, new features are being added to attract more players, but the old issues are not being resolved. This has been causing the server to run like garbage, and frustrate the current community. If you want to play around with the code-base, create a test server and run your modifications in there first.

I don’t have a beef with the player-base, and the RP has been great. It’s just the constant addition of untested scripts to the server that made me leave. Hopefully this will be taken under consideration.

I find this to be a great server with a ton of good people, sure there are some bug but the staff does an amazing job of fixing them asap. Only been a member for about a month and have already fallen in love with it.

1 Like

I appreciate your feedback and candor. It’s unfortunate that you’ve decided to leave the community and I’d like to thank you for the time you’ve spent here.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with quite a few of your points and I’d like to address them:

Gangs, including the mafia are closely regulated and have a cap of 10 players that are allowed to join. All gangs have staff as members to ensure they follow the rules.

Tokovoip/teamspeak has only gone down once or twice in the last several months and was restored within an hour or so each time

Our bugs do not go unaddressed and are not ignored for new content. All of our development is tracked on a public Trello board and if you look, you will see we are bug fixing every day. There are no game-breaking bugs at the moment, so none of them should be enough to force you to leave. Keep in mind, too, we do a lot of custom development ourselves and do not rely solely on publicly published scripts.

Thank you for your suggestion on creating a dev server. In fact, we have one and do exactly what you suggested! We’re ahead of the game on that one I guess :slight_smile:

Donators do not get away with whatever they want. I’m not sure where this is coming from - I do not believe you ever filed complaints about any kind of behavior like that. Donations are what allow us all to play, so yes, they do get benefits and perks, but donators must still operate within the rules. We ban donators just like nondonators if rules are broken.

Unfortunately I can’t help with EUPs or other client-side rendering issues. That’s on your end, not ours.

I hope this helps shed some light on some of these items and I apologies if some of this wasn’t clear during your time here. I wish you the best of luck finding a new server that feels like good.

Toast

I joined this community as a brand new RP’er in GTA. I had previously joined a larger city (for roughly a week) and hated the queue and the OOC drama that ended up happening between a lot of players. I also hated GTA:O due to hackers, pay2win mechanics, and just general bullshittery.

I randomly clicked on a smaller city, and my first interaction on TT was an old man with bad eyesight driving a taxi. I took the taxi to where I needed to go, the entire time having the most bizarre conversation in my life…something about being a welder because he wanted to encase himself in a metal box…that was his life goal and dream. As someone who loves RPG’s and D&D, I was instantly hooked. This is what I was looking for.

I am now a member of HEAT (the gang/drug unit) one one character, and security at the Vanilla Unicorn on my other character. I also have donated considerable (in my opinion, it’s nothing compared to what others have) sums to this server…and I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t partially for personal gain…but that really doesn’t matter in this city, the civilians are treated impartially on all sides. Civ/crim/cop/gang, we’re all held to the same standards.

On @DivideByZero 's comments above, I can honestly say that has not been my experience since I joined this server in late Sept/early Oct.

1. There are a lot of bugs in FiveM. Many of which are caused by bad assets, but the 3 admins/creators of the server do everything they can to identify and rectify these ASAP. I’ve never had problems with TokoVOIP, and EUP’s work wonderfully…they’d sometimes have cached issues, but that was easily remedied.
  2. Donators are treated equally to those that don’t donate. Donating does give some money/car perks (i.e. donate x amount, get x amount of cash and a vehicle), but that’s pretty normal…and it’s not such an exorbitant amount it makes it unfair…even for those that can afford hundreds in donations.
  3. This server is advertised as containing/supporting gangs, criminal activities, and mafia. Don’t like it? Find a city that doesn’t have criminal activities. As someone that plays both a police officer and a criminal…it’s a blast, and I love the RP that goes along with having a functional Lost MC gang, and Mafias that spring up.
  4. The server honestly runs great…if your system runs great. I run the server on full graphics settings on a Ryzen 2700x, RTX2060 GPU, and 16GB of RAM. I also have it installed on an SSD. A lot of old assets were recently replaced, cars & assets with bugs/memory issues were removed, and it’s smoother than playing ANY version of skyrim.

TL;DR…we have an awesome welcoming committee, we love helping people, it’s a wonderful city, and you’ll enjoy your time here. See you in the city!

2 Likes

I appreciate your feedback and candor. It’s unfortunate that you’ve decided to leave the community and I’d like to thank you for the time you’ve spent here.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with quite a few of your points and I’d like to address them:

Gangs, including the mafia are closely regulated and have a cap of 10 players that are allowed to join. All gangs have staff as members to ensure they follow the rules.

• That’s not true, as members of the Lost MC are not staff.

Tokovoip/teamspeak has only gone down once or twice in the last several months and was restored within an hour or so each time

• You’re only addressing the server, not the script. Myself and others have had multiple problems getting the script portion to work properly in game.

Our bugs do not go unaddressed and are not ignored for new content. All of our development is tracked on a public Trello board and if you look, you will see we are bug fixing every day. There are no game-breaking bugs at the moment, so none of them should be enough to force you to leave. Keep in mind, too, we do a lot of custom development ourselves and do not rely solely on publicly published scripts.

Thank you for your suggestion on creating a dev server. In fact, we have one and do exactly what you suggested! We’re ahead of the game on that one I guess :slight_smile:

• If you were truly on top of that one, all your changes to the code-base would have been properly tested before bringing it to production.

Donators do not get away with whatever they want. I’m not sure where this is coming from - I do not believe you ever filed complaints about any kind of behavior like that. Donations are what allow us all to play, so yes, they do get benefits and perks, but donators must still operate within the rules. We ban donators just like nondonators if rules are broken.

• Then why did it take 2 weeks for a former group of mafia players to be banned, knowing that you had several complaints about them? Right… donators… The mafia members also called out a moderator by OOC name after an altercation. This is called biased moderation. That should never have happened.

Unfortunately I can’t help with EUPs or other client-side rendering issues. That’s on your end, not ours.

• When the cache has been flushed, and the EUP still doesn’t load properly, I fail to see that being a problem on the client side of things. EUP settings for players are stored in your MS SQL database, which does not get saved on the client.

I hope this helps shed some light on some of these items and I apologies if some of this wasn’t clear during your time here. I wish you the best of luck finding a new server that feels like good.

• I’m sure that won’t be a problem. I’ve been around the block for quite some time, and had less issues on other servers that properly test their modifications.

Toast

I simply have to agree with @DivideByZero on this one. Overall, the playerbase is nice and all but the preferential treatment by the staff team as well as targetting certain users really does destroy roleplay here instead of making things interesting. Where I come from, we always committed to the idea of “roleplay over rule play”, meaning if the RP breaks a rule, but it’s done so in an enjoyable way that EVERYONE agrees with, then it’s acceptable. Playing here makes me feel paranoid and like I can’t do anything, especially when I’ve been informed personally by two staff members that “I am being watched like a hawk just so I can be removed already”. I’m only still here for the friends I’ve made, otherwise I’d have been long gone by now.

ShadeStepped aka Mr.Nash here, first and foremost, this server has been very welcoming for a new RP’r like myself. Being two weeks into RolePlaying this city didnt give me the boot as soon as i broke character once. We all have to learn somewhere and to me this city provides that. Also they allow you $100k move in bonus to get you started into the city. As for the bugs, the 1st city i was in that wasnt ran by donations at all, had the same problems, ie: falling through the map, Tokovoip bugging out (keep in mind teamspeak has had bugs since the WoW days) amoungst other things. Its not the creators fault. I even see bugs when watching NP streamers play on FiveM. I give this city a solid 8/10 and to me that number just keeps improving! Keep up the good work, TheeBuu, Toast and Thermal along with your moderators they are great as well!

1 Like

Thank You Siphon,

Including yourself, that’s 3 people that have been targeted by staff. Normally I don’t go out and cause a stink, but this kind of corruption within management needs to be noticed by the FiveM community.

I wish you folks would bring it to my attention. I have not had one person tell me they are being targeted by staff.

Possibly of the risk of being banned by prejudice?

I joined this community I believe back in August. This was my first time joining a RP server and as well as my first time doing RP. I was taken away by how Staff and the players that were around had taken me through the process of setting myself up and at that time the community was very small.

I decided I would apply to become part of the EMS team. From there that’s when I became hooked with this city. The amount of scenarios you have to deal with are absolutely insane. It pushes your RP to the limit if that’s even possible. I ended up working my way to becoming the Chief of EMS (and now Chief of FD)

Throughout my time being in the city of TT, we’ve had our ups and downs but we definitely always come back up. This City Strives to be its best. The Owners put in a lot of hours keeping this city running. The staff are always trying to help the next person. I’m not saying they’re perfect by any means but they really do their best in all situations.

For the complaints: Nothing is going to be as perfect as you expect it to be.
1.There’s going to be issues with falling through the city. I’ve experienced it since Day 1.
2. Donators are expected to still follow the rules of the city, just because you spent money doesn’t give you god like powers at least with my donation I didn’t expect any special treatment.
3. Our main Gang in the city is the MC. We limit our gang sizes to max of 10 people so it doesn’t go out of control. I believe we also need more gangs in this city to keep One gang from taking over.

Last but not least. Whether I’ve had beef with people, this city is home. From the players to the staff this city has brought me out of my comfort zone. TTRP will always be my #1

3 Likes

I’ve been in several cities, white-listed and not, and I’ve seen the the good, the bad, and the worse. TTRoleplay definitely ranks as one of the better servers for several reasons.

1. The staff is ever present. If you are in need of an admin, they aren’t hard to get a hold of.

2. The staff are FAIR.
    One instance I reported to what I thought was an egregious trampling of the rules. When they ruled against my claims, they took the time to talk to me as to why they came to their decision, which helped me see thing from the opposite point of view.

3. The staff LISTEN.
    There are many moments when I was having an issue with, or having a hard time understanding, why or how things were being handled, and a staff member was willing to talk with me on the side, hear my grievances, and, unless I was completely seeing things the wrong way, work with me to establish a middle ground of understanding.

On top of that, you’ve got an entertaining bunch of knuckleheads to hang out with… when they’re not committing crime, of course.
Theebu and his staff are doing a great job with this server and it deserves to grow into something bigger.

PS. Theebu’s gonna Theebu… watch out when he does.

4 Likes

Joined the server a few months ago with no high experience or high hopes of sticking around. This was my first time diving into RP. At first I had a rough experience due to a group that was in the city, but the administration took action made things much more enjoyable.

The staff are completely fair and will investigate any situation. With any server you should always be recording your sessions so incase the staff need to look into something, they can clearly see the issue.

No matter what server you go to there is always bound to have some bugs or even shitlords. This is unavoidable if the server wishes to grow. Before i joined the staff team, almost every time i have had a serious concern or problem the creators have done their best to deal with the issue.

I highly recommended giving this place a try and seeing where it gets you. If your intent is to come in and try to change things like making your own rules or bitching about every little thing, then i would steer clear. Besides that the community is always welcoming and will greet you with open arms

2 Likes

Bump! Come get in on the holiday fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like