To be deleted plz

I tried it with my spotify linked facebook account, and It not works… :frowning:
I got all the time the message that I need to link it… :frowning:

a new big update will probably come tomorrow!

hi everyone! You’ve asked me to make the backend opensource, so it’s actually happening! The big update will be released in this weekend. That said, the backend will NOT be hosted by me anymore soon, so around monday/tuesday, it will go down. If you see errors about nil responses from the server, this is likely the cause, please update to the new version asap to make it work again.

1 Like

hey bro don’t let these clowns make you release the opensource they’ll say whatever they want to make you feel pressured into doing what they want and not what you want

I had to cancel my vps for financial reasons, it will go down tomorrow at 17:00 CEST i hope i will already have released the new update, but if i wont, then expect some downtime after 17:00 CEST.

If you send me the code and it follows security standards, I can host it on my VPS until you’re get back up and running. We can even work the domain out if you desire. PM me if interested.

as you may have noticed, the backend was taken down some days ago. i am going to give out for you to download the backend, packed in a .exe file, you just have to open the file and it will run. if you are interested in the linux and/or macos packages, let me know and i will provide you with those as well. you will have to edit all the addresses in the script to point to your server. The SpotiFive development is now officially discontinued, it should still work for a while anyway, have a good one.

download:

removed temporarily

virustotal scan: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/270d3c310c8fab19ce3f2f40c5033675f0854bb85714197318c3531ecdb30f89/detection

IceHax as name
people actually believe him

ok i lost faith in the FiveM community lol. how is this allowed at all?

What? How does someones username relate to anything? Just because im called IllusiveTea doesn’t mean i am at all related to tea or anything illusive?

Your name sounds like Pickle… are you a pickle?

1 Like

but i don’t see you handing out cups of Tea without giving out the ingredients.

this isn’t specifically about his name, but i would have HUGE second thoughts about entering credentials/downloading executable files from someone with being protective of the source.

Want to know a simple fix… then don’t? If you don’t trust the source, no one is forcing you to use it. It’s an open source code, you could use parts and create your own. How else do you anticipate this implementation to work with Spotify if you don’t use a Spotify account? Common sense would indicate your most obvious answer to that question…

my response was more aimed towards the beginning of this thread, when people were asking for information/transparency of the back end of the workings, as it required you to enter your credentials on this guy’s website.

if you trust that, be my guest. but i hope you guys would be smarter than that.

p.s. not replying anymore, this is a pointless debate, and even if this guy’s intentions aren’t malicious, i hope you take more precaution in the future with your accounts, Spotify or not.

You dont even enter any credentials on the site? You get redirected to spotifys Authorization system, which specifically asks you if you want to allow the application to have access?

1 Like

didn’t view the picture, all i noticed was “sign in at this link” in the steps

well that makes me feel more comfortable ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Logging in with your Spotify account on https://whogivesashitabout.it

Woops, I’m just gonna ignore the stupid discussion up here, anyway, I forgot to add the download for the backend, I will add it ASAP.

added the download link, i will add an easy configuration option asap, so you’ll be easily able to switch to your own backend.

the backend is opensource now, see above.

hey i cant see the download +
every one can hear the songs on my server and choose ?

no, see the other replies and the main thread to understand what it does.