To be deleted plz

Is there some place I can get a list of commands rather than looking in the server.lua and client.lua

Secure coding can be easily open sourced without any substantial risk. I understand and respect your decision to keep it closed source, but donā€™t cite security as the reason. Thatā€™s bogus.

The big reasons I would like it open sourced is: a) to perform a security audit of the implementation, b) be able to adapt it to meet my needs, and c) for it to be hosted on my infrastructure where I know the reliability and availability.

Again, while disappointed, I truly do respect your decision to remain closed source. Thanks for a good resource and for making it available for the community to use. :+1:

2 Likes

Unfortunatley, both people who worked on this project are kids. They havenā€™t got much experience in programming and as a result, I fear the backend code for this project has suffered. I wouldnā€™t be suprised if the code base is riddled with security holes that are easy to fix. Hence their hesitation to make the project open source.

To be honest, if this is the case then their project would greatly benifit from being made open source. Itā€™s a shame kids now a days donā€™t want to release stuff out of the fear ā€œit will make more people hack mehā€.

This is my only reason I want the backend to be opened sourced. I donā€™t really care about hosting it myself. I want to make sure that something I am going to use is secure and, if I need to, I can send updates to it to make it more secure.

2 Likes

alrighty, you know what? i will make the backend code opensource, once i get the time to clean up the code and make it somewhat readableā€¦ as for security issues, i tried finding and fixing as much as possible before releasing this and at this time, i think i can say everything that is going on in the backend is intended behaviour.

Is the script still working?
I canā€™t get it to work and i did everything correctly an double checked it

thereā€™s a ā€œfeaturesā€ section for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

v1.2 and v1.3 updates!

as you may have noticed, we have released two new versions, letā€™s go over the changelog!

v1.2

This version adds a feature that lets you play one of your spotify playlists trough the game radio! If nothing is playing on your spotify and you select a playlist trough your ingame radio, that playlist will start playing on spotify!

v1.3

this version has a hotfix for a bug where the script would start throwing errors in case it got an http code 202 from spotify, meaning the user didnā€™t have spotify open at the time.

Works great! Possible to have volume control? And check if user is outside vehicle and turn it off? :smile:
Thanks!

a lot of cooler stuff is going to come out soon, FiveM now supports node.js serverside, so i will maybe even merge the backend into fivem, so that you will not even need to host anything yourself :smile:

vote!

• Implement the backend inside of the script, you will have to link your account to each server
  • leave it as it is, keeping global logins

0 voters

Im curious I seen a comment asking if You play the music can others hear it who are in the vehicle with you? or can you only hear this?

That is something we could actually do, but itā€™s kind of limited by the fact spotify doesnt allow us to act upon your current playback if you dont have spotify premium

Is there a way we can setup a spotify account for the server and only have that one for the whole server?

what? :thinking: no, as only one device at a time can reproduce music on spotifyā€¦ ._.

new update coming today! :smile:

v1.4 Changelog

hotfix: fixed /spotify pause, it wasnā€™t working since v1.3, thanks to @CruelAlpha for the report!

1 Like

I think he means so it acts like a radio station for all users. So, say the admin would setup his Spotify and anyone could choose to listen to that playlist being synced and broadcast. Even better if you combine it with the radio replacement script that already exists on these forums.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s possible. Probably against spotify TOS as wellā€¦

Yea, no, thatā€™s nit gonna happen, media streaming is way too hard, and iā€™m already doing something with media streaming, youā€™ll see it soon :smile:

Yea, I know. I was just explaining what I thought he was asking for :slight_smile: