Teamspeak Claiming

Looking to open a server what’s the best way to get a teamspeak with custom ip?

go buy a domain w/ unlimited subdomains. Host a TS and point a subdomain to that TS IP.

So like godaddy with my ip than get a teamspeak host directed to that domain and that will be my ip? That it?

I found a recent (within a year) video about this topic. If this doesnt help, you can always look up “TS Custom Domain” on youtube/google. I also found “TS.io” which takes your IP and puts it into “your~name~here.ts.io”. Plenty of Options.

(On mobile, cant create Hyperlinks) https://youtu.be/vUfjASEd430

My method is a bit cheap but requires some linux know-how

1. Rent a server from aruba cloud (€1 per month from italian host ($1.18USD/$1.54CAD)
  2. buy a domain from godaddy or namecheap (as cheap as $0.48 for 1 year)

create an A record that points to your servers ip, all in all it can cost as low as $15 for the first year but domain renewal would be as low as $5 so about $20ish/year minimum spending.

By custom IP you mean with a domain right?
You need to buy a domain and get a TeamSpeak server, for the latter you can either rent one or get a license (if you need more than 32 slots) and host it on your own server, in the domain’s DNS create an A record (For example: ts.example.com) and point it to your TeamSpeak server’s IP address. To connect to your new TeamSpeak server you have to use ts.example.com if you use the default port, otherwise ts.example.com:1234 (where 1234 is a theoretical custom port).

1 Like

If you use a sub domain does this mask your public ip address?