Server auto restarts due to too much stress?

When I get around 32 people on, the server is almost as if It can’t handle it, however it should. I was told a script could be causing this issue. The response I got:

06/09/2017 15:18:57 Restart SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Detected process crash
06/09/2017 15:23:34 Restart DavidR . … Control Panel
06/09/2017 17:20:43 Restart SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Detected process crash
06/09/2017 17:21:34 Restart DavidR . … Control Panel
06/09/2017 18:44:41 Restart SYSTEM 127.0.0.1 Detected process crash

I know it says it is from like 5 days ago but its the same error. Have I enabled something I shouldn’t have? Is there something I need to remove?

Thank you in advance

help:( plllllleaseeeee!!!

Assuming the process it’s mentioning that crashed is the server, I’d assume it’d definitely be a script causing some sort of unrecoverable error. Though without much information aside from it keeps restarting, I don’t think many people will be able to help you much.

:(( Alright man, I appreciate it. How would the code be structured if I had to go and search for it? again ;(

I would suggest making sure that all your resources are up to date. Go over every resource one-by-one and check the forums if there is a new version available. If that doesn’t work,you could also try disabling resources one-by-one to figure out which resource is causing issues. Find a new resource if you can.

When you actually developed the resources yourself, here’s some tips:

To track down what part of the script is causing the issue, the only real way is to add debugging statements to your scripts and find out when exactly the crash is happening.

Any information from your players might also be useful. For example, if they mention that the script repeatedly crashes after typing in a specific command, you know where you should start looking for your problem.

Unfortunately there is no easy way.

1 Like

I really really really do appreciate it, I am not too good at debugging + looking for errors as I simply do not actually know what i am looking for, But from my point of view, I feel like because everyone is clustered up, the server is taking up to much stress and than overloads :frowning:

Scripts can cause that effect. If you can reproduce this error on a server with the default resources, you’ve caught yourself a bug in FiveM (or the FiveM default resources). Until then, this is definitely a resource issue on your end.

Bloody hell this is gonna be a task

Yep, like I said:

Good luck. :expressionless:

Is there a possibility that you might have an understanding of what sort of code could be in the file? So I can search for it without removing anything important!

No idea. Did you check the server log file? There’s probably some information in there. Not sure what that log you’ve posted in this chat is… looks like to be from some kind of server keep-alive application.

There’s really no easy way for anyone to tell you what’s wrong, even code wise. Some scripts work perfectly fine by themselves but can break in odd ways when paired with a bunch of other scripts. Some scripts also have no issues when paired with others, so really it’d be a guessing game for anyone that doesn’t know what scripts you have.

Does that mean like saving data? Because Ive had someone mention to me about it before but I havent got anything in :confused:

Would you like me to Dm the list of scripts?
And did you want the log file?

Just post the list of scripts and the log (preferably in a Gist or Pastebin link) here. This way others can help you as well.

Sorry it took so long - https://pastebin.com/Md4k6Ufx