Now that I’ve got your attention, THANKS!
FiveM works, and this is my feedback.
- Player synchronization is outstanding
– Today I just created a server to test things with a friend and it really works
- F****g peds and AI!
– I still have nightmares trying to implement AI back in 2009-samp, and that mta-sa implementation (slothbot I think?) was worthy of a thesis…
- Active community with a constant flux of content
- Community tech (discourse I think it is?) up to modern standards
- Multiple levels for implementation
– I could implement my own RESTful API, or a superfast random file acces controller for persistent data thanks to C#, while at the same time, manage simple business logic with high abstraction thanks to Lua, I LOVE IT!
Documentation is a bit messy
– Suggestion; a centralized knowledge base, with API docs and everything in one place, I understand that all this reversing nonsense can get messy over time, but it can be done!
– Many people doesn’t have software engineering education (how can it be?), even if it doesn’t have anything to do directly with FiveM, there is a visible community culture issue about this. Suggestion; Create a sub-forum for people who just want to learn-teach, there are some people who needs to start from the very fundamental…
I hope you can keep up with the good work