[REQ] FXServer Setup

I would assume that putting this to 0 would have the same effect as commenting it. Give it a try. Set it to 0 and try and use the trainer. If it works, try commenting it out.

Lol. What? The comment is literally saying, if you want to disable announcing (you don’t want your server to show on the list) then uncomment the line below… So, leave it alone if you want your server to show.

Ugh… Have you port-forwarded? Added the server to the firewall exceptions? If not, that’s probably your issue. NOT THE CONFIG.

Thank you for “TRYING” to answer my question. I’m really digging on the snark attitude you have there, the same one everyone who asks a question here seems to be greeted with. My questions to you @Havoc are as follows:

@Havoc:
I would assume that putting this to 0 would have the same effect as commenting it. Give it a try. Set it to 0 and try and use the trainer. If it works, try commenting it out.

Yeah, Me too, that’s why I said so. So is it your personal policy to go around assuming answers to direct questions? Kinda like you assumed I have a trainer? Perhaps the documentationtation should have a small blurb on what to do here to avoid asumptions, and give ACTUAL ANSWERS.

@Havoc:
Lol. What? The comment is literally saying, if you want to disable announcing (you don’t want your server to show on the list) then uncomment the line below… So, leave it alone if you want your server to show.

So glad this is funny for you. Please define how that “Literally” tells me anything. the original sentence was:
# disable announcing? clear out the master by uncommenting this
So lets Literally break this down, using the punctuation provided:
Disable announcing?
Not really, no, I am trying to enable it.
clear out the master by uncommenting this
Uhm, perhaps we got our wires crossed, I was trying to enable announcing, not trying to “clear out the master” whatever that means. If what you are saying is true, why not Literally use a literal, grammatically correct statement such as:

# To disable announcing, remove the # from the line below.
#sv_master1 "

@Havoc:
Ugh… Have you port-forwarded? Added the server to the firewall exceptions? If not, that’s probably your issue. NOT THE CONFIG.

This information is helpful and useful, not sure why you broke from tradition here. My system is set to port forward BOTH 30110 and 30120 to this computer (where I am running the server from), there is no firewall in play other than the windows 10 firewall, which is configured to allow access.

That said, If anyone out there (and I assume there are a lot as the server list is quite populated) has gotten this to work, a little advice would go a long way here, as I have seen several people ask, and ALL of them have met with snarky, unhelpful condescending silence. Also ALL of the youtube videos I watched last night, either state that they do not know what to do with that section (proving awesome documentation) or ignored it completely, and then could not find their own servers without a direct connect (which I also have working), so this is clearly an issue.

P.S. I am sorry for being snarky myself @Havoc, but have worked on this server for some time, and now I cannot do anything with it other than hop around in my own, private, server. There is not much fun in that.

I normally test the outcome of changing stuff myself if I’m unsure so, I can answer the questions definitely but, seeing as I’m not at my computer I thought I would tell you how you could test it yourself. And as for not having a trainer, it’s not too difficult to find one and install it into FiveM.

Then ignore it. The line is for disabling announcing. There’s no need to touch it if you want the server to be announced.

Like above. Ignore the comment if you don’t want to disable announcing.

You could add that yourself if you please, this is an open source project after all…

And those are the ports being used by the server, right? You have also made sure that the port forwarding rules are for UDP and TCP? The rule also points to your internal IP address? It’s allowing access from any external IP address? Your firewall on you router (if you have one) is allowing external connections?

If you really wanted to, you could look at the “server bazzar” category and PM a couple of server owners and see if they can help you.

I mean, can they not understand that the option is for disabling announcements? Them leaving it alone is exactly what they should do…

As for only having direct-connect working. It could be that your server (the computer running the FiveM server) doesn’t have access to the API that is used to show the server on the server list. I can’t tell you what the URL is for said API but, you could try adding a rule in your outbound connection to allow connections to *.fivem.net. This should allow the FiveM server to send data to FiveM’s master server allowing it to be shown on the server list.

If it is that, then the majority of the servers you see on this list are ran on Linux and, you don’t generally have to add an outbound rule for connections (I think they automatically allow all outbound connections).

Thank you for continuing to work with me, I appreciate it. I found that the port forwarding for port 30120 was TCP only, so I fixed that to include UDP, there is no firewall on my router, and I disabled the Windows 10 firewall to see if that helped. Still my server will not show in the server list (even after waiting 5 minutes), but at least now I know it is not an issue with the .cfg file.

I can also ping both of the following without issue, so it does not look like it is stopping outgoing requests:
live-internal.fivem.net

Thanks Again @Havoc!

1 Like

Your ‘router’ is probably masking outgoing UDP source ports, and in 99% of cases where ‘routers’ do that, you can’t disable that.

You’re not meant to run a server from a home connection, anyway.

How do i get an cit-mp.yml

Thats from old CFX servers, this is now known as server.cfg

Hello all,
so I have a server that has a start_server cmd, I need to change it’s directory it is located.

#!/bin/bash

save the script directory

SCRIPT=$(readlink -f “$0”)
SCRIPTPATH=$(dirname “$SCRIPT”)

run server

exec $SCRIPTPATH/alpine/opt/cfx-server/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1
–library-path “$SCRIPTPATH/alpine/usr/lib/v8/:$SCRIPTPATH/alpine/lib/:$SCRIPTPATH/alpine/usr/lib/” –
$SCRIPTPATH/alpine/opt/cfx-server/FXServer +set citizen_dir $SCRIPTPATH/alpine/opt/cfx-server/citizen/ $*

The above is the contents of that start_server cmd
I have the server located at: C:\FXServer
The Server Contents addons and other such file are located at: C:\txData

Can someone help me figure out how to configure this Startcmd so it will work properly

thanks in advance

i am having issue in fetching server issue. anyone who know about solution? becuse everything is working fine but stuck on server fetching info when i try connect that.
Any help would be appreciated