[Release] RP Emotes

This is a modified version of:

DOES NOT REQUIRE ESSENTIALMODE

Download Here:

5 Likes

I will give it a try…

Did you get permission from the original author? Only asking cause you replaced two lines of code, if you did not get permission you would be better off replying to the original topic with this non-es version.

You don’t need permission from an open source script. I can get all the legal jargon but no need to fill up a topic with all the mess. The script was dead and did not work anymore also the author hasn’t replied since the initial release so therefor I fixed the script by removing the server sided essential mode converting it to client side via changing some minor lines of code as you saw. If he has an issue with no permission when he was fully credited and linked then they can remove the topic. By the way don’t take any of this harshly It’s just stating the facts is all.

-Much love.

1 Like

Well, actually, that would depend on the open source license that the script was released under. That would be why there is a LICENSE file on pretty much all GitHub projects. This one, the Apache License 2.0, does indeed permit you to modify and distribute the code. That said, you are supposed to state and significant changes that you made to the script.

Not saying you did anything wrong by releasing this, but just because it’s open source doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t need permission. It depends on how it’s licensed. In this case, sure, you’re free to modify and distribute your modifications.

Where do you see a license? Just curious because I do not see a license.md :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: You saw the license on his github version, not the original. :slight_smile: The original would come under the “No License” which means:

You probably already know that cause I have seen you around and you know your stuff :slight_smile: But the original does not have a license :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am stop gonna posting here cause don’t want to flood the topic.

3 Likes

Hello, does this script still require essential mode or any database or no?

Please read what the poster said:
DOES NOT REQUIRE ESSENTIALMODE

1 Like

Is there emote cop idle on it?? Or any cop emotes for that matter

Right now no, I’ll look into updating it soon.

emotes['cop'] = {name = 'cop', anim = 'WORLD_HUMAN_COP_IDLES'}

Cop idle is in this script

1 Like

I just tested it on my server and it’s working fine. If you are having issues it’s most likely something else that would be conflicting with the script.

1 Like

why no pics?