[Release] EssentialMode base

Watch my error please help me.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/383046611753762816/533794009290637329/Screenshot_2.png

@Oxlo_9 Please follow the entire installation instructions. Set these before starting essentialmode

add_ace resource.essentialmode command.sets allow
add_ace resource.essentialmode command.add_principal allow
add_ace resource.essentialmode command.add_ace allow

@GradientWizzard You have logging enabled, this seems to be a bug for now, please disable it until I push a fix.

1 Like
settings.defaultSettings = {
	['pvpEnabled'] = GetConvar('es_pvpEnabled', 'true'),
	['permissionDenied'] = GetConvar('es_permissionDenied', 'false'),
	['startingCash'] = GetConvar('es_startingCash', '10000'),
	['startingBank'] = GetConvar('es_startingBank', '0'),
	['enableRankDecorators'] = GetConvar('es_enableRankDecorators', 'false'),
	['moneyIcon'] = GetConvar('es_moneyIcon', '$'),
	['nativeMoneySystem'] = GetConvar('es_nativeMoneySystem', '0'),
	['commandDelimeter'] = GetConvar('es_commandDelimeter', '/'),
	['enableLogging'] = GetConvar('es_enableLogging', 'false'),
	['enableCustomData'] = GetConvar('es_enableCustomData', 'false'),
	['defaultDatabase'] = GetConvar('es_defaultDatabase', '1'),
	['disableCommandHandler'] = GetConvar('es_disableCommandHandler', 'false')
}

Thats my settings @Kanersps

Watch my server.cfg

Since updating I am now getting in the log

Stack overflow in unmanaged: IP: 0x7fecc764d4fa, fault addr: 0x7ffc43657fa4
Started resource essentialmode

Didn’t seem to happen before updating do 6.0.1

Also a little confused in regards with es_ui? I don’t have this on my server, do I need to install it for the money to show? Currently bank and dirty money shows but the cash does not appear. Does this just replace files inside of the “essentialmode” resoruce or does this get installed as it’s own resoruce ?

Also just noticed in my console log

Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:187: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field ‘?’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:187: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘error’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field ‘CreateThreadNow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182
Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110

Things work, but there is with out doubt some issues, tryed using /dv and that gav an error it dv-s but gives an error

It’s when using esx commands in general it throws this error, they work, but it throws errors.

Error running system event handling function for resource essentialmode: citizen
:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server/main.lua:187:
 attempt to concatenate a nil value (field '?')
stack traceback:
        server/main.lua:187: in upvalue 'handler'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function <citizen:/scriptin
g/lua/scheduler.lua:218>
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: in field 'CreateThreadNow'
        citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function <citizen:/scriptin
g/lua/scheduler.lua:182>

Hello All i have updated to essentialmode 6.0.1 and have installed es_ui and we still dont have our cash overlays in the top right hand corner can anyone assist or point me in the right direction.

Okay located the issue it’s the log feature, it trys to log vars after the commands, and if there is none it will fail. and throw the error.

How can I solve this? I have the same problem

After new update essentialmode and es_admin everyone can use es_admin commands how can i fix this
when ı write command like /revive /noclip /dv

give this error

Update to the master branch

EssentialMode 6.0.2

• Fixes to logging
1 Like

How do i fix the problem when i press “Home” to open the es_admin menu it freezes my character, I try closing the menu with either the X on the top right of the menu or “esc” that does nothing. I can move with my controller but not my keyboard and mouse. Can’t type or anything after that

but there’s still everyone can use admin commands

same here, cash doesn’t show up with es_ui

also, what is es_prisonfive, what it does?

Just saying it doesn’t work won’t fix it any faster. It works fine for thousands of people yet it doesn’t for like 2?

I have added the es_ui and loaded it in the server.cfg and i still can not see the icons load, is it to be loaded in a particular order like after the start es_extended or anything like that, i can see that a lot of people have it working, what information would you like from me, i did not insinuate that just because its not working for me than its a fail, I asked for assistance or to be pointed in the right direction, is there a set of instructions detailing how to add es_ui i know that sometimes not loading the resources in the correct order could be a issue but i can not seam to locate any information regarding where in the start.cfg it should be loaded, i know i am doing something wrong as its working for others, i like your work i was just asking for a little more info or to be pointed in the right direction. sorry if you mis-understood me.

It shouldn’t matter when you start it, it should automatically fix itself. However you can try starting it before Essentialmode

why my server not work for update essentialmode? i have this error
Error running call reference function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: server/main.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value (field ‘?’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:61: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:389: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:387
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:372
Error: Unhandled error: Error: BUFFER_SHORTAGE
Error: BUFFER_SHORTAGE
at n.e [as reserve] (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:12766)
at h (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:15761)
at n.r [as decode] (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:13908)
at n.fetch (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:6972)
at n.u [as read] (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:12076)
at Object.n [as decode] (citizen:/scripting/v8/msgpack.js:29:7097)
at unpack (citizen:/scripting/v8/main.js:20:33)
at citizen:/scripting/v8/main.js:51:11
at setImmediate (mysql-async.js:4962:9)
at Object.callback (citizen:/scripting/v8/timer.js:56:6)
Error running system event handling function for resource jsfour-atm: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: server.lua:128: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
server.lua:128: in upvalue ‘handler’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:219: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:218: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:182
Error running call reference function for resource esx_skin: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: server/main.lua:39: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘xPlayer’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:39: in upvalue ‘ref’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:389: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:388: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:387
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: in function citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:372
Error running system event handling function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method ‘underflow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field ‘any’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field ‘unpack’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:626: in field ‘?’
server/functions.lua:33: in field ‘TriggerServerCallback’
server/common.lua:63: in upvalue ‘handler’
stack traceback:
Error running call reference function for resource esx_skin: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:403: server/main.lua:39: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘xPlayer’)
stack traceback:
server/main.lua:39: in upvalue ‘ref’
stack traceback:
Error running system event handling function for resource es_extended: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:41: Failed to execute thread: citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: missing bytes
stack traceback:
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:830: in method ‘underflow’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:465: in field ‘any’
citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:860: in field ‘unpack’
citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:626: in field ‘?’
server/functions.lua:33: in field ‘TriggerServerCallback’
server/common.lua:63: in upvalue ‘handler’
stack traceback:
Sending heartbeat to live-internal.fivem.net:30110

yea mine broke after the update aswell