[Release] [EssentialMode 5] esplugin_json | Storing user data in json files! | Easy setup

Name: esplugin_json

Version: 1.0.0

Contact me(discord): https://kanersps.pw/

Download: https://kanersps.pw/files/esplugin_json.zip

Descriptions: Stores user data into a json file instead of using a dedicated database. Really easy to use and no need to setup additional servers for data storage. Note that this wont work with current intergrations for custom data saving. It works for all base data for EssentialMode 5.

License: Whatever, open source. Fiddle with it do what you want just make sure to credit the appropiate people.

Instructions:

1. Set es_enableCustomData to 1 in your server configuration.
  2. Extract the resource to your resources folder
  3. add start esplugin_json to your server configuration.
  4. Done! All users will be stored in esplugin_json\data\users.json
13 Likes

Nice. Thank you for more awesomeness my man

:heart: kanersps :heart:

Noce!!!

+1

Set es_enableCustomData to 1 in your server configuration.

where i find that i havent got in my server cfg ?

You are still alive. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Add the line, before starting EssentialMode though

@del1an Was I ever dead? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have not seen you at all (discord / forum)

Do you have new plans for ES?

I’m always on my discord guild, which link can be found in the topic and I haven’t been given ideas for EssentialMode. I think it’s in a state in which I just have to fix/patch stuff and make sure it continues to work

1 Like

All works with mysql database…

3 things

1. it dose save profile but dont load back in after restart, get error…
  2. dont save weapons in profile

money don’t show up just 1 line…
cant use bank

UHmm, this is for the json plugin. Which doesn’t use MySQL in anyway.

You can’t just remove SQL support and replace it with JSON because the scripts that REQUIRE SQL would all have to be converted to JSON…

i did remove it and alls good till i load and use one script the bank other than that i works…apart from not save inventory hud i.e guns

@pdc0001 Do you know what this resource does?
If you did, you would know that it adds the ability for ES5 to store data using json files. This means it’s another way to store your database files, instead of something like CouchDB or MySQL.
Most scripts use MySQL (because that’s what people use, and is what most people are familiar with), and this means that they won’t work since they are calling functions that don’t exist - or have any purpose when working with JSON files.

You have no idea what I’m talking about most likely, and should just stick to downloading scripts with no understanding of how they work. That’s fine, but atleast have the decency to look at the thread you’re downloading from, and read what the resource is for.

Thank you.

1st i know what i’m talking about if u read all what i wrote
2nd i am just trying this new es-json, i have a fully working server with mysql…
nothing is guaranteed as its new, there is gonna be bugs maybe…

and if u read i said it all worked just some things wasn’t working i.e saving guns from hud and when go to bank cant put money in/out bank.

and i do read all thanks do you… guess not

I’m sure they could be converted without much trouble. Just time to learn the syntax of the json functions and convert the sql queries. I haven’t looked to much at this yet, but based on the releases that Kanersps provides, I’m sure it’s great. I’m just caught up in getting some funky rope stuff working and trying to understand how the rope ties all together so-to-speak LOL.

Thanks for this @Kanersps

what if there are many writes and reads at the same time? will SaveResourceFile and LoadResourceFile wait for each other? what if a write is ongoing and the next request is comming in?

just curious about the limitations on those functions.

query question , dose it save location, and weapons you have on you or not?

got all working now no errors without anything mysql… :slight_smile:

just wondering on them 2 things ?

Thanks @Kanersps, yet another incredibly useful creation!