[Release] Custom server sided sounds

Same here. It seems to only use the weapon sounds, and they’re over 16mb.

1 Like

Not all the weapon sounds work for me… Everything under the weapons_player folder works.

So when you shoot weapons, you hear the new sounds, but if someone else is shooting a weapon, you hear the normal GTA sound.

Everything under resident (including) weapons/sirens doesn’t work.

3 Likes

@grundybin You might need to stream the meta files. That’s what seemed to work for me.

Create a new resource and name it whatever you want (Ex. ‘GunData’)
Capture3
Then create a ‘data’ folder + the ‘__resource.lua’
Capture
Inside that ‘data’ folder drag and drop your ‘weaponanimations.meta’ and ‘weapons.meta’ or any other metas that came with your gun sounds
Capture1
Then copy and paste this into your ‘__resource.lua’

files {
	'data/weaponanimations.meta',
	'data/weapons.meta'
}

data_file 'WEAPON_ANIMATIONS_FILE' 'data/weaponanimations.meta'
data_file 'WEAPON_METADATA_FILE' 'data/weapons.meta'

And your done!

(Note) Any other ‘data_file’ types can be found here:

you can add that into the original resource and it should stream from 1 instead of 2

Yes, you can do that too, but I just feel safer making a new resource and having it in a different __resource.lua, because I am not the best with scripts. I usually end up fucking something up :joy:. But it’s completely up to you.:+1:

Have you tried this with sirens as well @En3rgized247 ? In that cas what meta files do you stream? The sirens i wan’t to use did not come with anything other then a vehicle.awc

The sirens don’t have meta files. I still have yet to figure out what’s wrong with streaming the sirens.

Im trying to stream new airplane sounds but the don’t seem to work?
They are in the .awc.
There is nothing wrong with the __resource.lua.

I got it to work but sounds that are not being changed are muted?

Ive tried putting all sounds from the rpf and changing but it still doent work?

Right So, Then Couldnt You Just Stream The WHOLE x64 Folder

dafuq???

since im replacing sounds from the STREAMED_VEHICLES.rpf I though that when i replace sounds from there it may mute all other sounds that are not being replaced?

Hello! I trid this, i added custom vehicles sounds, placed them in resource.lua, but this is still original sound, not the mods i installed. Any suggestions?

not all sounds can be streamed on through server side

i read that vehicles sounds works… so does it works or no?

I have had issues with vehicle sounds working do not know if others have I would just try it yourself

I have been able to get vehicle sounds to work but for some weird reason any sound that is not being replace is muted? If anyone knows the problem and knows how to fix it please let me know!

these sounds:https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/new-plane-sounds

oh so maybe a good thing that don’t work for me finally :rofl:
But this resource is a dream for so long on fiveM it’s so sad

i know some cars work like if you replaced a DLC car sound no problem but i think the main game files what causes the issue for EX https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/bttf-delorean-sounds-for-deluxo this works fine this is where i got the idea

did you ever figure out siren streaming yet

where you added files? I added benny banshee, trophy truck and Elegy 2 sounds, i put files in audio/sfx/resident, and i added these lines in __resources.lua:
‘audio/sfx/resident/supercar_8_us_v8.awc’,
‘audio/sfx/resident/supercar_5_jp_v6.awc’,
‘audio/sfx/resident/supercar_5_jp_v6_npc.awc’,
‘audio/sfx/resident/trophytruck.awc’,
It still the original game’s sound ingame…
I also tried to modify Wastegate sound in the provided Vehicles.awc, and it don’t work too.