[Release] Crate Drop

New version out!

v1.2
Added support for Scammer’s Universal Menu and the event “Cratedrop:Execute” now accepts parameters in a more logical manner.

1 Like

You start it with whatever the foldername is inside resources. If the name of the folder is cratedrop-1.1, then you start it with

but if you changed the name of that folder, then you would start the resource with whatever the foldername is instead.

A lot of times the flares won’t go off well they do but the red smoke effect doesn’t happen and the flare becomes static above the crate showing sparks but other times it will actually be dynamic and go off. Is there a fix for this?

Yeah, there might be a fix in the future where I will replace “firing” a flare with manually placing the flare and giving it a looping particle FX. I can’t tell you when it will happen but it’s on my to-do list.

could you make this drop drugs?

If that’s another RP framework related thing, then no, I have no plans for adding support for RP frameworks. The code is available to everyone, you’re welcome to do it yourself.

1 Like

Is it possible to drop more then one weapon per crate?

Not at this time since I’ve not figured out a way to do it.

The long awaited v2.0 is now out!

v2.0

• Command has changed to /cratedrop, only the weapon is required as an argument, but accepts /cratedrop minigun 50 true 1000 where 50 is ammo, true is for roofCheck and 1000 is planeSpawnDistance.
  • Got rid of weaponTable entirely for interpreting commands, for example, pistol gets converted to pickup_weapon_pistol automatically along with weapon_pistol. This means all weapons are supported
  • Plane spawn location is now RNG at the given distance (400 metres by default).
  • CrateDrop is now an exported function (no error correction, so use it right) for developers with parameters such as weapon (must use exact name of pickup), ammo, planeSpawnDistance (how far away to spawn plane), dropCoords(expects a dictionary table with x, y, z values).
  • “crateDrop” is an event (does error checking and correction) with parameters such as weapon (expects for example smg or weapon_smg or pickup_weapon_smg, but only works with weapons, doesn’t accept other pickups, use the function to bypass this), ammo, roofCheck (bool, if true then checks if plane is capable of dropping a crate to specified coordinates), planeSpawnDistance, dropCoords.
  • When the resource gets stopped, the resource cleans up after itself, removing objects, pickups, planes
  • If the crate is dropped and picked up early enough by a player so the flare isn’t deployed yet, the flare gets deleted. I was unable to find a way to get rid of it after it deployed.

Let me know of any bugs or suggestions (even optimizations to the code), I do have some ideas already in mind for v3.0.

hey i was wondering if i could get your help?

1 Like

What seems to be the issue?

hey, there my name is stew love your script but I need some major help I was wondering if when you’re free you can give me a call on discord and help me out? 𝕾𝖙𝖊ω™#4745

can you do it with money?

Not as of yet. Implementing custom pickup items with GTAV’s pickup system has proved to be rather difficult.

when you mean money you mean as in paying for the drop?

As in a treasure hunt game, the player can rush there to grab cash from the drop

it does really look like the script in this thread/topic so whats the difference actualy :d ?

sometime crate stay in the sky…
what could it be?

@sixsens
I’ve used the crate script over 50 times in roleplay now, haven’t had any problems. Did you install it properly?

yeah many change i thinks its on my side