Random/Strange Game Crashing

Hi everyone, I have just downloaded FiveM over the weekend in the hopes to play it with my buddy. My buddy’s works fine however when I join servers (so far only RP servers) after about 5-10 minutes the game gets choppy and then the FiveM window will close itself as if it never existed. The game is on minimum settings and windowed which runs very well until the choppiness starts and then the crash. The incident last night (the crash file included) made my FiveM freeze midgame and then my entire screen went to black and I could not do anything on my computer unless I preformed a hard restart of the computer. Very lost and would love some guidance! I have included all information below!

GTA V version? Lastest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 Home
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) N/A (Did not produce any error messages)
System specifications
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m & onboard graphics processor
What did you do to get this issue? Join servers
What server did you get this issue on? All RP servers
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX.log (296.5 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs
3d19ee65-42af-4b14-b038-6e2ac2cb9209.dmp (5.3 MB)

^^ Thats the only crash file that actually has data inside, the other 5 I have didn’t contain any data. ^^

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\Colin M\AppData\Local\FiveM

FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes

Also add what you already tried so far.

I have also tried updating all drivers availible (for graphics card and system hardware) aswell as totally reinstalling FiveM. I have changed the setting to force FiveM to use my Nvidia graphics card as well.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

GlobalError: DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED - The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

Are your video drivers up to date?

I had updated my Nvidia graphics card just yesterday to the latest update, I haven’t checked for the onboard graphics as I use my Nvidia to run FiveM

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.