Qbx_core

Overview

In use and stable since November 2023, the Qbox team is excited to announce qbx_core as a spiritual successor to the popular QB framework. qbx_core was designed to build upon the groundwork of QB, integrating with Overextended resources, while continuing to add features and make improvements. qbx_core has overhauled the core to improve code quality; performance; security; and extendability. With detailed documentation, an active development team, and versioned releases every few weeks. Converting a QB server is simple and easy. Note: ox_inventory is the only supported inventory system

Key New Features

• Bridge layer provides backwards compatibility for 99% of QB resources out of the box, allowing for plug and play replacement of qb-core.
  • Built-in multicharacter
  • Built-in multijob/multigang
  • Built-in queue system for full servers
  • Logger module to provide discord/ox logging
  • Hooks module to provide ox style hooks
  • Lib module to provide common functions for tables, strings, math, native audio, vehicles, and drawing text.
  • Replaced UIs for common things like progress bars, notifications, and menus with ox_lib

FAQ

Will my escrowed scripts work with qbx_core?

99% of the time the answer is yes. The only times we’ve found our bridge layer doesn’t work is when a resource does something out of the ordinary that bypasses our ability to process qb-core exports. Since we also have a built-in multijob system, multijob resources would need to be compatible. Luckily converting them is very simple and some, like randolio_multijob, have already done so.

Can I continue to use my existing multicharacter and queue system?

Yes. We have config options to disable the built-in ones if you’d prefer to use others.

What is different about qbx_core compared to qb-core?

Aside from our new features, qbx_core has been re-built with a high coding standard, boasting improved performance and security.

Check out our documentation
Or download the latest release from GitHub

We’ll be announcing additional Qbox made resources soon, so stay tuned!

46 Likes

:two_hearts: Great Stuff!

1 Like

Wanted to give an early endorsement of qbx_core for anyone currently using qbcore. I’ve been using qbx_core for a few months now, and @Manason and the rest of the devs actively working on Qbox have been extremely proactive in fixing any compatibility issues over that period of time.

There’s no reason you shouldn’t be using qbx_core at this point, as I’ve had little to no issues with my qbcore resources. Any issues I’ve had or reported with compatability have been resolved quickly, and the dev community is super active.

Plus-side with using qbx_core is you get access to the growing list of qbx_core resources, which are basically all the base qbcore resources but neatly written, well organized, and (most importantly for players) well designed and actively being worked on by the community.

Hope other servers who made the jump chime in :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice Job

1 Like

Amazing stuff!

2 Likes

#1 <3

1 Like

I’ve been trying to deploy qbox for a while and I’ve hit a lot of compatibilities issue (tried before November of course), especially for owners of escrowed scripts. It’s fixed now? It’s friendly for noobs like me? :hugs:

1 Like

It should be good now. Our first stable release was in November, so it was likely broken when you tried. If you run into any issues though let us know. You may find the guide Converting from QBCore - Documentation helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

I shall give it a try then! I was positively impressed by what I saw before the initial stable release.

And I think most of the devs that I’ve been working with have tried to bring a better compatibility with qbox :blush:

Anyway fantastic job!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s quite a bit better. If you look on the list of users for qbx_core, you can view their resources, and there are lots of well-known escrowed resources that are working with Qbox.

2 Likes

Lets go boys!!!

I love this framework, its the best choice I made since I decided make servers 3-4 years ago. And the team are actually in the chat making everyone feel equally stupid and same time they just spreadig love with such generous and and very explicit high pace support. Buy its not only the team thats in their own league, the community do actually communicate and support each across all the difficulties we meet with servers and scripts and all the frustrations that lead into real life. And the humour there, its so on point and deep blue almost black. Not only do you get all that, you ofcourse also get det best compabilty and the possibility to cherrypick between the most secure, optimized and most flavored scripts. This a nobrainer, so looking forward seing all of you thats not yet realized that qbx was a thing, because now you know, there really aint any excuses, release that duck from the box, and grow and become a juicy swan. Hurry up before discord ratelimit this mekka of frameworks. Loove it. Quack quack I use the freaking merch eup they have a full package , who else thought of that???

3 Likes

Qbox FTW

1 Like

Shoutout to Qbx and all behind it. <3

1 Like

Thank you, great master, you have taught us so much

You always worked for the best and clean code, and you managed everything very well

For example, linden’s benchmark or your doc.

and many more things like module system and a lot of flexibility

Everyone who works in the Qbox team, they’re all very dear to me, because I was among you and I had the opportunity to see your work myself, I always stand behind Qbox because everyone here is sincere and honest.

5 Likes

When qbox-remastered?

1 Like

Awesome core! I’ve used it for a couple of months now with qbcore scripts and it works very well,

3 Likes

Been using qbx a while, I enjoy it and some of the additional helper functions are imo the biggest highlights. I have noticed significant activity on accepting prs, and actively adding some feature requests that were listed on the git. I do believe the plug n play compatibility from qb to qbx is nearly 99% successful to the point all my resources are tested in it prior to release and not qb itself.

4 Likes

Finally

Cool man