Project "FiveM" Discord Guild "Disabled"

It’d have been fully announced/open sooner had I not gotten distracted by this topic and other discussion/mitigation while waiting for a Kubernetes deployment. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

He did, I just don’t have the time to deal with people directly in general, especially when the concerns given are vague and… confusing. That, and a (slight) language barrier doesn’t help.

Yes, it is hard! We all know that.
But guess what? There is literally hundreds of people willing to help.

Just look at the scripting channels, 90% of the replies dont come from anyone related to fivem.
Even txAdmin, something so fucking simple, we had people volunteer to help with the “support” part of it.

Put some faith in the community.

1 Like

Of course - however there are a bunch of core issues that need to be logged, documented and acted upon (many of which require core time to ‘act upon’); however every time we’ve put out a call to the community to do such things (even something simple like logging a day of support topics/questions to know what comes up most commonly) nobody even bothered to try to organize/do so.

I found this about the vigilante module of Discord and it is pretty scary…

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/65b55670bcdf6cb13842dd9643ff8dbf0ee37d5c36e0323aec9e955411d881c6?environmentId=120

The module itself is supposed to be safe, but the possibility offers by the module for Discord is very scary… They almost can do whatever they want with your computer by assigning some code into it if my understanding of their shit is right (it’s like a framework into your computer that they can use as they want…)

2 Likes

The only downside to that is, mods/regulars can’t speak “officially” because they aren’t members of the project staff… Plus the discord was widely ran by such members, but the Collective still have to be in the guild to oversee everything, and with Discord being shady, that’s a no-go.

… and a lot of people in the community like to spread misinformation, and any time corrections to such occur they’re not logged centrally, and everyone who’s offered to maintain such a central repository so far also quickly gave up within a month or less.

1 Like

Maybe there should be a “element recruitment” program or something, if lack of people is really the issue. Nobody can do anything about that other than the group that runs the whole thing.

And as much as I honestly understand the continuous frustration with the communities over time, maybe the communities wouldn’t be so frustrating if they could… like… have some text channels or somethin… like it always was…

But to be fair, people and communities are going to be that way regardless I guess :mascot:

A lot of viable people from the current active community have already been adopted. Core project staff requires a very specific and rare skill set along with heaps of time.

1 Like

It’s not really that easy… They have moderators to assist, however.

I also get that.
But the thing is: disabling fivem’s discord wont fix the vigilante problem, wont make anyone wont uninstall discord, and will only create a distance between fivem’s team and the users.

SURE you guys have the well structured forum, sure you have the tweeter feed in fivem’s home, but the deal with dealing with people is that you need to use what people want to use. And if they want to use discord they will do so, even if it need to be in an unofficial discord not bound to say anything correct or updated regarding fivem.

(and yes, i noticed the irony of that statement given the phrase that got me banned)

1 Like

And at least it won’t be (formerly) ‘official’ or any of our concern then; similarly to server owners already spreading utter and complete nonsense about FiveM.

1 Like

That is so true. And not to mention, how can anyone know for sure that Telegram isn’t any different and doesn’t have these issues? And how can you expect everyone to just move over to Telegram and instantly know how to use it?

It’s more or less and issue with collective members not liking such thing and wanting to leave Discord due to it.

Though the Discord is still active, just read only. To my knowledge, nothing has been said as to whether or not they plan to keep or completely get rid of it.

Could elaborate as to what you are referring to; are you talking about some kind of information hub, or something else entirely? It sounds interesting.

Because it is different. Such things don’t happen when using Telegram.

If they don’t know how to use it, then they can use the forum. Though using Telegram is simple…

… we’ve been using it and maintaining public groups for many years. In addition to that, the clients are entirely open-sourced.

We don’t. We expect the core community to try to put in some effort, and the greater masses to either adapt or just be out of our face.

That, and it’s not like a chat app needs any training to use.

In that case I will be unceremoniously brief:
I won’t try to convince you the ban was unjustified (although 1000 years of ban seem a bit excessive).
Just re-list txAdmin’s forum thread and remove the keyword block.
It as a project only had the objective to help people’s server, and removing it was not justified.
Seems to me that you were only looking for an excuse to do so and I finally gave one to you.

Maybe.

Thanks for the consideration.
I’m going to sleep since its 6am here, but if you need to talk, know that i’m in your DMs.