(Possible) OneSync issue with proximity voice chat when in first person camera mode

Client

Using canary? No
Windows version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763)
System specifications:

• i7-8700K
  • 32 GB DDR4 RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 970

Server

Operating system: Windows
Artifact version: FXServer-master SERVER v1.0.0.1159 win32
IP address: (localhost)
Resources: Just stock cfx-server-data resources, and a simple script to just set voice chat proximity to 15.0
System specifications:
Same as above for the client.

Incident

Summary: When in first person, the voice ‘origin’ location does not update. For example, if i walk up to someone in third person and talk to them and we can hear each other just fine. As soon as i switch to first person and walk outside of the (set by the script to 15.0) proximity I am still able to hear the other person, I can even go to the other side of the map and it’s still the same. As soon as I switch to any 3rd person camera level the proximity/origin updates and im no longer able to hear that other person.

The same applies if I switch into first person while outside of the 15.0 voice chat proximity radius, and start walking towards the player. I will not be able to hear that player until I switch to 3rd person.

Expected behavior:
Being able to hear others when in first person while walking towards them, and being able to not hear them if i go outside of the set proximity.

Actual behavior:
As explained above, i am not able to hear players until i switch out of 1st person camera when walking towards them, and im still able to hear them after i’ve left the voice chat proximity area while remaining in 1st person camera mode.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set the voice chat to some specific proximity (like 15.0 in my case). And go just outside that range, switch into first person and walk towards another player, you are not able to hear them even if you start talking until you switch out of 1st person into any of the 3rd person view modes.
  • Vice versa for walking away from players, you’ll still be able to hear them unless you actually switch out of 1st person camera.

Server/Client? Client issue, but it’s probably also server/mumble related.

Files for repro (if any):
n/a
Error screenshot (if any):
n/a
.dmp files/report IDs:
n/a

Any additional info:
Unsure if previously reported, looked quickly for a similar report but it didn’t show up in the forum search.

1 Like

I can second this. Exact same issue.

The case is basicly just that the voice position isnt updating for the client that is in 1st person view.
aka … if I go into 1st person view, I wont send positional updates to the voice-server :man_shrugging:
Notice the weird stance he gets the 2nd time, that’s how it looks when a person is in 1st person mode.

Here’s a video example:

2 Likes

Same issue here (using Linux 1868),
Here is an example with a video : https://streamable.com/49dkq
On this example i’m using : NetworkSetTalkerProximity(12.0)

A bit of a tough one to test, but we’ll hopefully set up a testing setup for a fix soon - likely a solution would be to use the grcViewport matrix in the CViewportGame for setting up the local listener position instead of the original one taken from the Mumble plugin source code repository.

2 Likes