Plane "Stunt Smoke" trails, Now V1.1!

Ah yes, networked ptfx aren’t working yet in onesync :frowning_face:
btw consider my suggestion to make it use only a single decorator

Well I mean according to everyone else in my server they’ve seen the particle effects when/while I was testing, it is (or was) decorators that weren’t working with OneSync plus something else being broken in the script (the GetPlayers function).

As for using a single decorator, my fork brings it to “oldschool” via client/server events, simple. When you toggle the plane smoke on/off or change the R/G/B values or the smoke scale/size it will trigger a server event to update and sync it to all connected clients (and once a client disconnects removes it).
Whenever I have the time though I will look into decorators more as they are interesting to say the least, and I feel one of the changes I made (regarding the GetPlayers function) is all that was needed to fix this script for OneSync and me rewriting the rest to work how it does (server/client) was a waste.

works in onesync ! thank you:)

Thanks alot but doesnt seem to work for me, its saying that i dont have a __resource.lua while there is a fxmanifest in there which is strange. I tried updating my manifest and stuff but it didnt work.

I fixed it, just had to change the resource name!

Likely you either did not restart the server when changing the contents of a resource or you did not “refresh” before restarting the resource, or you are on a very old (pre-fxmanifest) artifact version.

How can I add specific vehicles instead of just planes?

Working perfectly :+1:

To make the script work with onesync

replace _resource.lua with fxmanifest.lua and write this inside

fx_version 'adamant'

game 'gta5'

description 'plane smoke'

client_script 'client.lua'

in client.lua replace

while true do
   Citizen.Wait(0)
      for ply in GetPlayers() do
      local player = ply-1

with

while true do
	 Citizen.Wait(0)
  	    for _,player in ipairs(GetActivePlayers()) do
4 Likes

@sadboilogan Hello, this script is actually amazing, and I have seen it in other servers fully functioning and working. For some reason, we cant get it to work on our server, could you please help me out?

1 Like

Yes, Pleasee

1 Like

it does not work, cause it says this

1 Like

for some reason they /smoke color command doesn’t work also what hud do you use for your planes that looks really good.

1 Like

oh I got it to work just had to restart the server if that hud you use is open to the public let me know

1 Like

Firstly, @Palus, you failed to install the resource correctly; it works for everyone else including but not limited to the person who wrote this fork (me), so whenever you figure out how to create and/or install resources (the right way), it’ll work. Otherwise, actually provide some useful information regarding the problem that is not just that it does not work, because no one will care nor help otherwise (which is evident because no one else responded to you).

Yeah, if you use the original resource and then switch to my fork, you should either restart the server or do a refresh then restart the resource, otherwise chances are you will encounter issues because they are different significantly enough.

@Zaney Thanks; as per forum rules/policies however you should keep the posts related to what the thread is about (you could’ve sent me a message if you wanted as I’m open for those). To not leave your question hanging however, that is a custom (now massively/severely outdated) HUD created several months ago by me, and it is not open sourced to the public otherwise it’d be on my GitHub page. I will leave some videos (without embeds) below if you would like to see it in action. There’s more to them than what meets the eye in these videos by the way so they are incomplete demo videos.

v4 (the version/variant seen in that screenshot) -
https://youtu.be/6SZMt6aKNLo?t=80

v5-1+v5-2 (an earlier version of my current/latest, which has 2 operating/screen modes) -
https://streamable.com/d1kvog

v5-1 (final version of my current/latest (mode 1), in-action) -
https://youtu.be/3AC45ayNTU8?t=55

Edit: Changed Discord link out for Streamable link because the Discord link triggered a download instead of playing in browser.

@sadboilogan is it possible to make this work with add-on vehicles?

1 Like

So i added when i hit z no smoke comes up

1 Like

ist not working a roleplay server, why?

1 Like

thank you for this! great mod!

1 Like

cant start it plz help

1 Like

hey when i hit z nothing happnes but the commands work