OneSync EAP: Why did we not get contacted?

This is one totally unnecessary topic and could’ve simply been resolved by contacting The CitizenFX Collective and arranging something sane and understandable. This topic, where you’ve clearly just exerted a bunch of hate to the FiveM community for no apparent reason. You’ve also, for some reason, tagged everyone in the ESX to notify them about this (why?), this is completely pointless and you’re making no progress with this conversation.

Now, I ask you, what is your end goal in this situation? You’re acting really childish and, from the looks of it, it doesn’t look like you’re making an attempt to arrange something with this whole situation.

It all appears to have started just because of incapability of testing OneSync and testing your scripts; stupid. Could’ve – and should’ve – been resolved by contacting The CitizenFX Collective and asking for a manually granted EAP, this would’ve avoided this whole topic and would’ve been a much saner way.

Why are you also exerting all this hate towards The CitizenFX Collective? From what I can see, both in Discord and on the forum, they are trying to be as reasonable as possible with you. With your lack of intent to show courage in getting whatever you want out of this, it’s hard for the collective to come to an agreement which suits you. This whole topic is childish and can’t go on for much longer. @Hawaii_Beach, seriously, can you please be mature in some way and come to some sane agreement? Contact them, not vice versa. They’re project staff on a project that is insanely popular, you can’t expect them to go out of their way to please you and to talk to you (unless it’s urgent). You need to go to them if you want to sort this out! I can’t help but stress this as much as possible.

Also, the hostility doesn’t help either, please stop.

I feel like I’ve wasted my time with this, I’m not convinced that from previous comments you’ve posted you’re willing to make an effort here. Please do something sane here.

13 Likes

Keep talking behind my back that’s all the balls you have. You’re all zeroes

Stop. Now.

Holy freaking crap :open_mouth:

Seriously… being new in THIS community, and from the start loved how FiveM works,
YES i have looked at the others to developer wise, some have better documentation, some have other
implementations but to be honest for me FiveM was most suitable and al round best.

I’m actually developing my OWN server from scratch (what lots of people don’t seem to understand by the already often "you should dev for my server’ messages i got in this short period means: From a BLANK notepad++ page!).

Of course i do use useful and good snippets if they are well tested and functional (like the entity enumerator that you all know :wink: ).

In the very beginning i got a comment or two on using a framework like ESX, vRP and god knows what’s out there. I DO NOT WANT a “framework”. I don’t mind that there are frameworks, what does literally annoys the f*ck out of me tbh about those “frameworks” is that it causes a lot of different
scripts/mods to be uploaded as “ESX Version”… later on: SAME SCRIPT: “vRP version” etc, while if
you would like to make it a NORMAL functioning script you would often have to go through all kinds
of dependency’s and such to find the stuff or functions they are calling etc.

No thanks. My server is private (even unlisted) and PROBERBLY will even stay that way,
WHY? well since we only play with a close group of friends and developers (Programmers by profession) and we actually care more about developing than the game it self.

BUT at the same time even though my server is NOT public or even open to anyone, i DO share the
scripts and features for others to use, build up on etc…

And guess what? NO dependency’s or requirements, NOPE instead i ‘cause extra work’ for myself
by ‘equipping’ every script and mod with functions like: XNL_OnPlayerBoardAnimal()

So EVERYONE can use them to put their own codes in those ‘events’, no complications with frameworks, no dependency’s and whining crap like “you know how big my project is”.

I don’t give a crap about how big a project is, i’m GRATEFUL for FiveM and the effort in the REAL framework that give me the opportunity to SUPER EASILY mod for GTA V without the need to do manual memory injections, native calls (MANUALLY) etc. THAT is a framework to me… FiveM

I get it that some people need a basic startup, template or something to build on or FROM…
But what annoy’s me A LOT is that there are so many people that “run a server” but don’t know
crap about programming, scripting or even bug tracing in their f*cking easy to read F8 console.

Sorry to say but if you want to run your OWN CUSTOM server, them PLEASE for the love of god and everyone else: WRITE YOUR OWN CODE

And to behonest: I usually NEVER read such ‘bash and blaming’ topics like these, but as a professional daytime programmer (whom started FRESHLY in lua about barely 2 weeks ago (NEVER used it before and CHOOSE to use Lua to learn a NEW method voluntarily while being used to stuff like .NET and C++), i’m super stunned to see how "well’ this “community framework” responds to something simple as an test key :no_mouth:

Sorry but if the we (at work) have a new product (better and more enhanced than the previous one) our clients will also have to ask themselves for early access or test keys. What? The in house developers of those clients will even keep track of our product so that they are aware when THEY can TRY TO APPLY
for a testing license, so THEY can deliver the best experience for THEIR clientele.

So in my opinion, YES: The ESX Maintainer(s) should have applied for a key, just like our clients do with us and like we do at company’s like Microsoft, what a damn blow up here.

BUT glad I could also ‘spew’ about my annoyance on those frameworks so much mods/scripts depending on AND conflicting with each other, people please just make your mod/scripts universally compatible so EVERYONE can use them.

OH one last word: Please just al also stop with that annoying “But i want to keep this exclusive for my server BS”… Then A: Don’t talk about it and B: Don’t ask or use resources from others either please and make everything yourself… a Community is something to work on together!

3 Likes

Sorry… My english isnt the best… But what i understand is…
You are flaming about that you didnt get a free access to the early access program?
Just because you help to made a framework, which a lot of people are using.

Is that right?
I’m just asking to understand the whole conversation.
You think you are better than other people in this community which developed a lot of scripts, without esx.

I am paying for the eap since 3 month… Without using it because there are some Bugs which i can not tolerante on my RP server. But i love this project. And i want to help.

But the biggest question is… Why you are posting something like this… NOW?
I dont Know but… I think the eap Was opened some month ago.

5 Likes

Basically what it comes down to yeah, what I understand from it is that HE wants THEM to contact him to ask if he wanted a test key because “ESX is so big”.

Well from what i can tell from that: I’ve already had enough of such projects to be honest if it starts out like that. If we as professional developers (during day time job) want a test key from Microsoft (which is not in our MSDN subscription) we would also have to ASK Microsoft. Obviously we can’t bitch to Microsoft if they don’t call us :rofl:

5 Likes

Well i was actually looking for ways to DONATE to FiveM without using Patreon to support them once in while when i can and have time to work on it to.

I do NOT CARE about EAP (for my server) do admire their efforts obviously, and then i stumbled upon this ‘rage’ towards FiveM just because he ‘wasn’t ASKED’ because “his/their project is so big”, to me just a bunch of arrogance tbh.

4 Likes

I dont care about eap too :slight_smile:
I Was playing on rp Servers with rage and gtmp. And fivem is the best i’ve ever seen.
Best sync, easiest way to add new scripts and a lot of more better features. And thats why i want to help fivem with my money at patreon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same. I love FiveM and will admit to running an RP server based on ESX. Personally I hope this blows over and doesn’t boil completely out of proportion or get any worse than it already has.

I’m not going to take sides here, I think this could all have a very positive effect if correctly handled from here on out.

Is there anyway we can get access to test on a home hosted server? I know it’s for certain server types but will home host ever get the chance to use onesync?

All the options and requirements can be found here:

:slight_smile:

I sort of feel like if you guys have a issue with this one dev? and your going to phase out something SO many servers use because of your issue your just punishing the players and server owners at that point and are going to get a lot of people upset. over 1 person…

Except they have clearly stated they don’t want it to come to that. Please take the time to read through the entire topic.

whats wrong with writing a base for people to use? i don’t see the problem i built our server off using ESX and then edited it to the point were its not esx at least not a clanky version its a fully working version, i work and didn’t have time to write my own thing. :confused: i dont see a issue with people using a framework just alot of people upset that they are for some reason.

1 Like

It’s time that The CITIZENFX collective and ESX Framework are going to sit around the table with each other, just have a talk and sort some things out… GET solutions for the problems that you guys think you have.

I personally think this everything is one BIG misunderstanding.

1 Like

Love both communities, but you gotta understand that a lot of people are riding on the comment by manganese, and reading that gives off bad impressions from the viewpoint of someone reading it from the ESX community, because we only want to improve FiveM like everyone else, and now our work is in jeopardy according to his post. Not trying to stir up drama, but instead trying to give clarity towards what people are reacting to. Because for us, we know GiZz has left and is working on his own private project now, and he is probably not coming here for any reason.

Everyone needs to just calm down though. :slight_smile: We should be taking actions to IMPROVE the community, by not allowing ‘hate’ or trash talking towards any of our peers.

1 Like

i love esx honestly…but the framework it’s not light itself… every esx server i’ve seen… and my server too… uses at least 140 scripts to make basic rp things to work… and as a scripter… i can say that mantain… find bugs and fix them with 140 scripts it’s hard as hell! That’s why i’ve started my own gamemode with ideas taken from esx and made better… and with 29 scripts my server is almost ready… i think ESX it’s a good way to start learning how to script in LUA and how to make a rp server working… but honestly… 140 scripts with almost 50mb database in 29 tables is too much…

2 Likes

I am no more active as I used to be in the forums because of all the critiscism I received in the past.
I also don’t maintain ESX anymore but I am still heavily using FiveM so I just stumbled across this post.

I don’t say Hawai behavior is correct but if he received just half of the hate I received, I can understand why he is acting like that.

For the record, ESX was made for a friend who wanted to RP on his own server but he had no background in coding.
I was not taking FiveM seriously at first so the coding was very quick.
I decided to share it to help others people to make their RP server with ease.

So ESX was about sharing LOVE not HATE. I understand the codebase was improper and insecure since the beginning but this not a reason to hate here.

The best move someone could do to help the community is to make a new ESX from the bottom or even do an altnernative framework if they don’t want to be tied to ESX.

And the most important part : FiveM is a modification of GTAV, a game, so its about having fun at first.

I am also very grateful for all the FiveM maintainers because without them I could not do that so much hated ESX. Thank you for that great modification framework :slight_smile:

9 Likes

We hereby apologize for one of the elements posting a threat against the ESX community above. This post was not ran by the rest of the project staff, and was posted out of emotion rather than rational thought.

In the future, any statement regarding project policy will be consulted and agreed upon by the entire project team, to prevent situations like this from happening again.

11 Likes