Need some help using Linux

I’ve recently purchased a pretty cheap Linux server to run my FiveM server with. I have previously ran a server off windows, but i’d like to become more knowledgeable with the Linux side of it. If anybody is willing to spend 5-10 minutes out of their day to help me out a bit, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

IF you’re using Ubuntu Server 16.04, follow these instructions for possibly the most simple set-up you will ever have in your life.

First, right after logging in
sudo apt-get update

Second
sudo apt-get upgrade

After all the updates/upgrades, do this (leave the box that appears blank, just hit enter)
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Slluxx/fivem-servermanager/master/init.sh && chmod +x ./init.sh && sudo ./init.sh

Once that is done
sudo /home/fx/manager.sh

You can now create a server. Magic.

1 Like

Looking back at this post, yes I do agree I was pretty broad about it, but you also have to understand that i’m completely new this entire Linux platform so i’m not exactly sure what to expect. I’ve got my server running and everything, but I’m 100% sure how to install essentialmode, mysql, all that good stuff.

I’m mainly talking about FiveM on Linux, not too much Linux as a whole.

I have a question of my own, figured better to ask here rather than create a new topic. Ricky will probably come across this issue anyways. Got FiveM working on a linux server, and I love how much better it seems to run. The issue I’m having is when I make a change, say, to mellotrainer and try to add another admin I can’t seem to get it to change. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I got it to work once, but I can’t seem to replicate what I did because stupid me I didn’t write it down.

What exactly is the problem? The Mello Trainer is not recognising the new admin?