Need help with renting a server

i am thinking about renting a fivem server from a vps but was unsure on how it all works, how would i put mods on and scripts if somebody else is hosting it? little confused on it all if someone could explain how it works id really appreciate it, ive built up my server and spent along time doing it but i dont want to leave my pc on 24/7 as ive spent alot of money on it and i dont want to run it in to the ground so i thought vps was the way forward, if anyone has any better ideas or can explain renting servers to me i can make my decision based on that, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

All depends on where you want to rent the server from. Find a company and see what they have to offer. They should have information about what OS they provide and how you can manage your VPS. From that point you simply upload your server to the VPS, open the port and you’re done. The VPS provider (if you choose a good one) should be able to help you go through this.

thank you very much for your quick response, i was looking at ■■■■■■■■■, and im in the uk london, dont suppose you know if they any good or what companies are good do you? & so its a simple as doing it your self really only difference is i dont start up a cmd command i just send it to them and do it? seems pretty straight forward if thats the case and ive understood you right i was expecting a lot more than that lol, so how about restarting server and so on? still just as simple as take it down put it up its still a quick process? thank you again :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about dedicated FiveM hosting services. I use a VPS* myself (windows 10 server) so I have full control over everything. It looks like the FiveM hosting on ■■■■■■■■■ just has an online control panel through which you manage your server. They probably have a on/off/restart button in the control panel to restart your server. As far as resources etc go I believe you just copy your resources from your current server and upload them but I’m not 100% sure as I don’t use them myself. They advertise 24/7 support so if you’ve got questions about their services, you’re best off contacting them instead.

sweet thank you very much mate i appreciate the help, ill jump on it when i finish work and hopefully this all works out, thanks again man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get a VPS with DigitalOcean, they have locations in both NA and UK, they’re pretty good, their $10 vps should be good.

If you are looking for a VPS than make sure that you are purchasing VPS from reliable web hosing to avoid any problem in future, you can also try cheap dedicated server as they are really useful as compare to VPS.