Monero mining malware inside FiveM

Wasn’t really sure where to put this, so I decided to put it here, I didn’t think there was any need to fill out the template either.

Since forever ago, AVG has always ‘detected a malware IP address’ or something whenever I launch FiveM. This was fine, all I had to do was disable AVG, run the game then enable it again afterwards.

But recently I’ve been reading about a few articles about how people are hiding Monero (Pretty much bitcoin) mining malware inside GTA 5 mods.

Can someone please settle my consience and confirm that it’s just a bug?

1 Like

AVG😂
20 charactersxD

1 Like

There were reports of servers running mining scripts, but FiveM was updated and patched to block at least one of the websites a few weeks ago. Can’t speak for any new/different methods, though.

Edit: If you know of a server running mining scripts, I’d contact pr@fivem.net and inform them of it. This both lets them know and also prevents drama from being started on the forums.

2 Likes

Probably a specific game server’s IP that was flagged as malware by scareware antivirus companies.

It’s just a bug, in AVG.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.