Low CPU and even lower GPU usage

GTA V version? 1.0.1604.1
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 x64
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

(I don’t know what other screenshots to put. This is on the most resource intensive sever I’ve tried DHSRP)
System specifications Core i3 8100 3.6 GHz, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB RAM (I know it’s not much RAM, but if it really wasn’t enough wouldn’t the usage be greater than 90%?)
What did you do to get this issue? Use FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? All

Also add what you already tried so far.
Lowered all graphics settings, including lowering Direct X version to 10 (which did help with FPS and texture loss, but not with low CPU, GPU usage)

1 Like

it’s normal GTA v uses a lot of RAM. Just what is the temperature of your pc

is there an easy way to check?

As I saw fivem should work fine for you

1 Like

Nevermind I decided to stop being a retard and found the program I used to use and found the temps. None of them are above the average temperatures stated by the manufacturers of the CPU and graphics card

But it’s not… All my graphics are minimum and I stopped all useless tasks in task manager and it still lags and the usages are low.

1 Like

there’s plenty of software to see the temperature. But as Crena said do not worry, you can play without problems

1 Like

Don’t play on “shity” server that use lot of add-ons And lot of resources + use unoptimized scripts.

yeah but every single server I play on lags and plays like shit

1 Like

Because most decide to use the same resources.

Regardless 8GB of ram can be a problem from time to time when it comes to FiveM and some servers.

so that means the feeble minded developers of the mods just choose to not use all system resources or they don’t know how? I don’t know why fivem is such a pain in the ass to play on. The shittiest part is that I can run any game I want on very high/ ultra 60fps but I join one little server on here and it all goes to shit.

1 Like

Right , first off let me clarify that if you alt tab your game and look at resource usage it will drop down significantly since game is out of focus that mean it runs with low priority. To ensure that your FiveM runs as it should try to set it “Above Normal” in task manager and see if its better. Also you are saying that you run it on lowest setting and exactly that could be problem. You got weak CPU compared to GPU so what happens when you lower your graphical settings is that every heavy lifting is on CPU that can cause cpu hangs in form of FPS loss and stutter. Try to get your graphics to medium and see.

1 Like

I already have it in above normal priority and already tested normal/high/very high/very high + ultra. I also didn’t know programs in the background were put into a low priority state. I would still like to confirm that my CPU is really being taken advantage of, but the in game overlay in Riva Tuning Statistics Server and MSI Afterburner won’t work.

1 Like

I see apart from what I told I am not sure then what could cause your low FPS you PC should be able to run it at 50FPS for sure at least but just for good measure before you launch it try to close as many unecessary app that you can i order to free up as much RAM as possible.

I rummage through task manager and kill unwanted tasks even when I’m not gaming lol. I don’t mind the low frame rate, it’s the lag spikes that bother me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.