Lag on some server

Hello all,

GTA V version : Latest
Up to date : yes
Legit or Pirate copy : Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club : Social Club
Windows version : Win 10 Pro 64bits
System specifications : AMD FX 8350, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1060 3Gb

I come here to find solution about my lag IG.
I have some lag spykes and lags, I have downgrade my graphic parameter. Update my graphic card drivers, update GTA V also. I think it’s my internet connection (on wifi) 12mbps,

Have you some idea for resolve this pb ?

“lag on some server”
If it’s only on “some server” then I’d contact the server owner for help, if you experience lag spikes on all servers then it’s worth checking your own system. Also WiFi is usually terrible for gaming, so yeah lag can be caused by that but if you experience lag as in game freezes then there’s usually another problem.

I have lag on the two server where I go, I probably go to another server to test that. I don’t know if it’s a problem, but I have nearly 6-7 meters away from the internet box, no loose of internet speed ?

12mbps isn’t the greatest speed, also depending on where you live and where the servers are hosted you might get a really bad ping which would make desync or lag even greater.

Yeah, I’m in France in a little town, no more optic fiber, and the server are normally in France to (30-40ping indicate on fivem).

Can you run GTA V Online without any lag? Or is it only when playing on FiveM servers?

I don’t have test on GTA Online. I test that tonight and comme back for the result

1 Like

Each server based on location you will have a different ping. So it is possible it is your connection to that specific server.
Test the servers with lower ping see. If it still happens

I typically play on ~60ms ping, so 30-40 should be perfectly fine. How long do the lag spikes last? Also, are the servers you play on ever nearly full? If so, it could be on the servers end (I think) and not necessarily on your end.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.