How to run a LAN (non internet capable) server?

GTA V version?
Up to date?
yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Social Club
Windows version?
10 Pro 64 bits latest and up to date
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
yes
Error screenshot (if any)
none
System specifications
Intel i7 gen6 1T hard disk and 64G memory
What did you do to get this issue?
trying to run a lan server
What server did you get this issue on?
fxserver from the website
CitizenFX.log file
not needed
.dmp files/report IDs
not needed

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
not needed
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
not needed
Filepath to FiveM folder
not needed
FiveM client folder screenshot
not needed
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
no antivirus installed

Also add what you already tried so far.

I have a server running and am able to connect to it normally, all my configurations are done.
Now I want to run it on a local network without internet connection, meaning, it won’t have means to communicate to a master server, it won’t have means to get updates and it won’t have means to validate its license (which is in the server.cfg and seems to be working fine so far).
I would prefer to do this without making changes to the source code, so I don’t have to worry about keeping a different source set than what is published by you.
Therefore, even before I download the source code and start looking at it, I would like to know if there’s a way to achieve this. Maybe passing a command line parameter, changing a simple configuration file or a simple define on some .h in the source code.
Basically I want to have a server which runs completely isolated from the outside world and will only receive (and accept) connections from its own subnet.
Can it be done with minor or no changes to the source code?
Keep in mind that (obviously) both the server and the client will be on local subnet only. (which is 192.168.1.0/24).

Thanks a lot!

It can’t be done at all, even if ‘changing the source code’. Running the game requires connectivity to the lambda.fivem.net services at least at the frequency specified by R* (usually 3 days) for entitlement tickets.

1 Like

Next time please use the forum search function, or google for this. because it has been asked and answered many times before.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.