[How-To] Creating a FiveM server on linux via the terminal

Hi there folks!

This video is a kick-off for a series of videos. This one explains the process of creating a FiveM server on a linux machine through the terminal. I tried to assume nothing and explain everything possible so it’s a bit long winded. The target audience is the new server owner that might be scared of stepping outside of ZAP’s gameserver offerings and striking out on their own.

I hope it’s of some help to a person or two. I am still making how-to videos but will no longer be releasing them on the FiveM forums. If you’re interested in seeing them, sub to my Youtube or DM me for future links. Thanks!

6 Likes

Extremely helpful, thank you very much.

The best tut to beginners! Tnx

Greetings thanks so much for the Tutorial video I have gotten all this far with out the video however I am experiencing a very weird and troubling error… We have a dedicated server here and not going to get to technical but for now lets pretend like its a home network rather then a server farm network… This particular box runs a few other projects with AMP which host minecraft/csgo servers etc…

I get this error every time i start the server.

Could not bind on 0.0.0.0:30120 - is this address valid and not already in use?

Any thoughts on this? Everything else seems to be fine so far it even does the heart beat for what ever reason… Here is a sample starting log file. ufw has also forwarded these ports… Also its Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server edition just in case that makes a difference… I did find on the ubuntu forms where some one was talking like ipv6 might be using that port but it shouldn’t matter if i change the port to some thing else that is open on the system. I even tried one of the defaulted minecraft ports and still got the error. I am wondering if its some thing broken in the server side of fivem…

Server.cfg info: https://pastebin.com/vW9p2nEh

Here is what it looks like when it starts for me…
https://pastebin.com/tFD7yYB6

Thank you in advance!