[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

max you can stream on fivem is 16mb’s you have to split the textures of your porsche

Alright, that’s kinda what I thought. What do you mean by split the textures though? Do I just lower the resolution on them, or?

follow the tutorial here :slight_smile:

sweet, thanks man! I appreciate the help!

Has a new list of unused modkit ids surfaced yet by chance?

not that I know of…

No modkit ID’s work at all for me, not even modkit 0. Any ideas?

the 0_default_modkit doesn;t work for me sometimes too, but I think it’s just specific cars that don’t even allow cosmetic upgrades… :thinking:

No cars work for me though, even though they have all the car parts in the folder, modkit ID’s correct, etc. The only ones that do work are mods made specifically for FiveM and vanilla cars. Seems I’m retarded or something.

players are starting to not be able to see eachothers vehicles, even though they can see their own. any ideas?

What does the resource folder look like ? do you have data and stream folders, or just stream folder and meta files right next to it without an extra folder?

Where do you get the “'0x9F05F109” from? (vehicle_names.lua)

I have gotten the vehicle installed along with several others as addons, however, the modkit ids wont work, even 0_default_modkit won’t allow me to change wheels, engine, etc… I tried the method of deleting the mod kits in carcols client sided as well.

What if .yft file is over 16 MB limit? Its 17 MB, how can I reduce its size?

You can’t. Ytf’s are most likely locked anyways.

and what about splitting it? Like here: Can anyone add this Ford Focus RS

Ytf and ytd are diffrent. I dont think you can split ytf.

He says ytf there but actually splits ytd. Ytd are texture files, ytf is for the actual models

So I can’t compress it? Damn, I want this car: https://pl.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2017-los-santos-police-interceptor
and its only 1 gawd damn megabyte too big!

To my knowledge you cant. If it was unlocked, you might be able to make it smaller using z modeler but for locked model theres nothing you can do.