[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

Then you must be doing it incorrect. What error does it give when you spawn in the vehicle(s)

No I have it setup like every other ones I have and I can get the car to spawn now with the liveries but the mods dont work… Something with carcols and the modkit. I have tried everything I can think of

send me the carcols, and carvariations

So for the life of me I cant seem to get this mod: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2015-dodge-challenger-add-on-stock-shaker-hellcat to work I’ve gotten its counter part the 2016 charger to work with customization. I used id value 1008 on the charger and 1024 on the challenger. The challenger spawns in-game but doesn’t have the option to do any customization. Any clue what could be up?

I sent them in private message

That is the same one I am working on. I got liveries and model to work but mods wont

When trying to replace ambulance or any other vanilla car, the model spawns fine but the handling.meta doesn’t do anything for the vehicle…

they are not broken, just been used.

Most of these work on this list.

Alright, figured out my problem. So for my mods, I had my addons in [civilianaddons] then the addons. While it can read the vehicle in there like that, it didnt read the mods til I moved it into the main resource folder.

How come I can’t change the colors of my addon cars in LC Custom?

Hey I’m a noob at doing this sorta think but wanted to add more police cars and that to my server I have no idea how can someone do a vid or help me please. Thanks I run my own RP server hence I wanted cool police cars from gta5mods

Hi mate. I have something on my hands that does not make any sense to me.
I installed a car with 1008. worked all well. Then i kept going with numbers until one of them didn’t work. I dont remember which number it was, but it was around 1014 or smth. Anyways, after some time i installed another car and accidentally used the same number as my previous working car had. So in the game, the new car worked and previous one didn’t ( no more bodykits…). So i changed the value of the old car to something else which didn’t make it work, but now the new car didn’t work either, even tho i never changed it’s number.
Since i liked the old one better, i decided to revert it all, and change the values back to what they were before i even installed the new car. Cleared the fivem server cache and discovered, that the old car with the number it had before, didn’t work anymore. Everything was exactly as it was before i installed the new car.
Since i knew the new car actually works (i could change the bodykits etc on it at one point). i decided to test it with one of the very first cars i added. I removed a working car from the game, and used it’s value for the new car. Still doesn’t work.

So my question is, where is the logic behind this? Why wouldn’t it work, even tho it was working before? What causes them to stop working without any obvious reasons?

Hello. I put a mod police car for the fivem. I did everything right on OpenV. But I open the fivem and it continues using the original. How do I use the mod instead of the original? Should I change something on server.dfg? This is the first time I put mods. Sorry for the English.

Yes. Add a line "start (your resource folder name)

Is it possible I can get some help? So I followed the tutorial, and tried this car https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2015-nissan-gtr-nismo-yca-y97y ) and the car spawns and all that no problems. In LS Customs (using Los Santos Customs | Benny's Motorworks V1.2 ) the categories (Bumpers, Spoilers, etc) show up, but have no options other than stock in each category. I’m using modkit id 1008 (as used in this tutorial). Why is nothing showing up in the categories despite there being mods in each? lscustoms is AFTER the car in the server.cfg (lscustoms is near the bottom, though). Any help/advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Could it be because my vehicles_names.lua only has a line for the GTR and not all the mods?
EDIT 2: Figured it out, the hashes from the global text document (where you get the hash for the car/mods) weren’t in the vehicle_names.lua file which they needed to be!

Great to hear that you fixed your problem. If you run into any more problems, let me know.

Trying to find unused light ID’s for add-on cars, since almost every add-on doesn’t have any working headlights or rearlights. I’ve only found 1 and it’s 244. Does someone has a list of working light id’s for add on cars?

Don’t know if you know or not, but for some addon cars they don’t have the hashes (the global text thing) with the hashes and names for vehicle_names.lua, do you know how to find them by chance?

I’m trying to add this porsche ( https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/porsche-911-gt3-rs-16 ) to my server, but it won’t spawn in ( it tried to load the model, and then tells me it’s not a valid model).
The resource folder has the required files in it, and such, no errors in log and the multiple files were provided by the modder.
any ideas?
The total size of the stream folder is 18.09 bytes, with 11 being the yft’s and 7 being the ytd.
Thanks in advance!

I assume you are using the actual model name to spawn, not the resource folder name?