[How-To] Add-on Vehicles (Detailed)

Sometimes when I add in addon vehicles there is no sound and the lights don’t work. Why is this?

Thanks for this tutorial, now I can use the tuning parts. One question, can I use the same ID for diferent cars? Like: 1008_gtr17_modkit, 1008_supra_modkit, 1008_rx7_modkit? Or this can cause some issues? Thanks!

1 Like

But how you can use them?
Just a few mod id’s working for me. I tried a lot and there are 20/3 cars where i can use tunings.
0 modkit is working good, but if i want to use the addon tuning, i can’t. :worried:

How do I find the text entries for the vehicle_names.lua? If you can help that would be great! Dm me if you can!

The text entry is the hash, so if your vehicle shop for example uses hashes, add-ons do not have hashes, so you can set their hash through the text entries.

for example

AddTextEntry('hash', 'vehicle spawn name')

i have a discord you can join and i can help you with the addon cars, same for anyone else that sees this

discord- https://discord.gg/DwYudqH

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I can see my modded cars, but for my friends i
disappear and they can’t see my cars? Whats the problem???

because is loading the model for the first time.

i have restarted the server many times… they can’t see it?

how long did he wait? because sometimes you need to wait much time. because low internet, high ping, size of the car…

So i if my friend join my server, and he waiting until he see the car. And next time he join again he most wait again?

no, only the first time until he delet the cache.

I have a question when doing add-on for police cars the lights dont reflex off building i was wonder if someone could personal help me out with that

Great tutorial, but i still have a problem all the menus for the mods show up and i can mod engine and windows and all the stuff that is not modified, but the bumpers and all the stuff for my mod dont show up, the menus are there but only says stock there are no mods.
Can you pls help me?
Thanks in advance

I have trouble adding single cars to my server I managed to get an unmarked pack in but when I try to add the presidents limo and the suv it crashes my game as soon as I’m about to load in and the error is in the vehicle.meta but I don’t see where the issue is

Not every vehicle will work. Some vehicles weren’t exported correctly and will just not work with FiveM. Just move on and try another.

Ok so I have some add-on cars with body modifications for them and they work but to get them to work I have to load them in while in server then dv them and then restart the resources for the body mods to work and I would like to know if I did something wrong or what could possibly be causing this issue

if they load in the game eventually, that means it’s probably taking more time to open the coll cache for the model parts, and storing them. This may be a problem with your graphics card, or possibly your ram if you run into errors such as loading in custom models.

send me the vehicles.meta, I’ll take a look at it