[HELP] get player name and show it in global chat

I have a GUI menu set up and I want to show player name in the chat when “show id” button is clicked. (I’m using es_mysql2)

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get this menu? Or is it custom made?

Its custom made. I’ll release it as soon as I finish it. it should be compatible with essential mode

1 Like

Anyone? Help
This is the lua event that is supposed to happen once the button is clicked with class ‘show_id’. Its not working…

RegisterNUICallback('show_id', function()
	SetNuiFocus(false, false)
	TriggerClientEvent('chatMessage', source, 'CHAR', {255, 0, 0}, "Active Character: " .. data.firstname .. " " .. data.lastname)
end)

Looks like he got it from here, just modified it.

2 Likes

@jacobredd When someone asks where it came from please do not say “its custom made” and claim you did it all when clearly you took the same exact code from my project and claiming it to be yours “custom made” that “you will release when its finised”. :joy:

2 Likes

You are going to have to give credits to lowheartrate for this script when you release the menu. No unnecessary drama needed here that would create a shitstorm in the thread, lets move on.

2 Likes

This code is not a release and there’s no license on the github page. If it was a release I would for sure give you credit man there’s nothing to rant about. Now can someone assist me with this, please?

That means his work falls under “No License” which states:

Unless you include a license that specifies otherwise, nobody else can use, copy, distribute, or modify your work without being at risk of take-downs, shake-downs, or litigation. Once the work has other contributors (each a copyright holder), “nobody” starts including you.

In other words, you using @lowheartrate’s code is breaking copyright law and he has the right to take your modified version down from the internet (he has the legal right to do so).

This is just an FYI as you said

1 Like