Friends can't join my server even thogh I set everything up

GTA V version? The newest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam and Social Club
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) yes (down below)
System specifications …No?
What did you do to get this issue? I set up a server
What server did you get this issue on? My own server
CitizenFX.log file ?
.dmp files/report IDs ?

Alright so I made a server and I opened a Port, I made Rules in the Windows firewall and all this funny stuff. Now I am able to join my server threw Direct Connect but I can not see it in the server list (screenshot). And if friends want to join, they can’t. Neither threw the public server list nor threw Direct Connect.
It is really bad for us because we are a huge community on PS4 and we want to expand on PC so this is really important for us.

We tried different things like making sure that the ports are really opened and things like that. There is one of the problems: On a website where you can check if your port is opened, it said that the port istn’t opened but on my routers website it said that the port is active opened.

So right now we are a bit stuck! I hope somebody has a solution and can help us.

Thanks a lot

(Its one o’clock and I’m from Germany so maybe the english isn’t very good…^^)

2 Likes

Nevermind we solved the problem.

How did u fix it. My server will not show up on the server list? What ports did you forward

1 Like

We got sponsored by someone, he is hosting a real server for us. But I opened the ports with my IPV4. The problem is that my IPV4 is XXX.XXX.XXX.XX and the first free digits are a private IP so thats the reason why nobody can join for me. I would have to change my IP to a public IP or something like that but well you better watch what the FiveMNet Moderators say on the Port Forwading Topics. Theres should be a solution somwhere for you so that you don’t have to rent a server. But you better DONT try to change your IP.
Good Luck and enjoy

That’s not how it works. The 192.168 IP is your internal network IP. That IP only tells your internal network what is what. Then you also have an external/public IP, which tells the internet where your house is. To get your public IP, go here http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Well I tried to use that IP the website is giving me to open a port on my router and it didn’t work so yeah. The IP the website is giving me is something very long

Please tell me you’re not hosting the FiveM server from your own PC for this “huge” community… You should really look into getting a VPS and hosting from there.

No. Your router should open the port for your internal IP (the 192.x.x.x one). This (really basically) tells your router you want to expose a port on you local network to the internet.

Yea, that’s probably a IPV6 address. I think they’re bringing in this version because IPV4 addresses are slowly running out. Anyways, this address is what people over the internet will need to use to connect to you. If you don’t want to give it to them (because it’s really long), you should look into getting a domain name. This will allow you to point a domain name (e.g. example.com) to your really long IP address so, users only need to remember and enter said domain.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.