Friend has problem launching

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version?
Latest? Build 1290
Up to date?
Should be.
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
He didn’t have one, gave him a copy of mine (Idk if that matters or not) still didnt work.
Error screenshot (if any)

System specifications
Pre-Built, Doesn’t know. GTA Runs fine though.
What did you do to get this issue?
Nothing really, he played for around 5 hours a month ago.
What server did you get this issue on?
N/A
CitizenFX.log file
He doesnt have one.
.dmp files/report IDs
N/A

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\alphkay\Desktop\five m
FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
Restarting computer to kill any existing processes.
Looking through task manager.
I gave him the dll I had to see if it would use that.
Deleted and reinstalled FiveM
Verified game files through steam.

I have the same problem too. I tried to delete all the fivem and download again, but I have errors to download. I already changed the location of the fivem installation, I already changed the internet, but it did not work. I need a solution because last month it worked perfectly.

Try this:

Go to your FiveM Application Data folder, this is the folder with plugins, citizen, etc.
Open "CitizenFX.ini"
After you have it open append a new line underneath your GTA game directory and add the following line. After that save and open your game. You are now updated.

Line to add: UpdateChannel=canary

Try that and launch and if it works remove that line and launch again. Let me know if it works.

Tried that, he didnt even have CitizenFX.ini. Gave him mine and changed game path, added line and it made a new exe, and added .old on the other, now his computer pops up saying it cant be run on this computer.

Sounds like his whole computer is screwed :joy:

Reinstall windows is the only thing I can think of

I fixed the first error for him once, but then it said something about not being able to find nui-core.dll or something even though he had it…this is painful.

Well I can tell you I am almost certain he is just not downloading it correctly somehow. Have him turn off his Firewall. Also have him check in his Router for a firewall.

Disabled firewall, deleted the crap out of anything fivem, redownloaded first time “updating fivem” thats where the original error pops up. I even told him to run it as admin this time…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.