FiveM wont start on vanilla version of GTA 5 but will with LSPDFR Mods installed

GTA V version? Latest version
Up to date? Yes and FiveM is too
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? No?
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications N/A - Not needed
What did you do to get this issue? When I launch FiveM and attempt to connect to a server from a vanilla copy of GTA 5 with not mods installed into it, it will not run. The only way I can play is if I launch FiveM using the GTA 5 File that has LSPDFR mods installed. It crashes/stops responding when I attempt to
What server did you get this issue on? Every server I tried joining
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
https://gyazo.com/d5ec45282351687a4f5958941bf2474e
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
https://gyazo.com/ffd91d62b165b77da62c2a30547a4870
Filepath to FiveM folder Desktop?
FiveM client folder screenshot
https://gyazo.com/7465228f08f15b7719bf4daa552fbdf2
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
I have made a copy of GTA 5 another vanilla copy of it, even tried having my friend send me all files from his vanilla version of GTA 5 that he runs FiveM on it still doesn’t work. I have deleted and re-installed FiveM. Have tried just launching the GTA 5 game by itself (meaning no mods, no nothing just playing regular GTA) and it works fine. I don’t know if there’s a file in my LSPDFR version of GTA 5 that FiveM just likes and it lets it run or what the deal is. but I have no clue what it could be.

do u have the steam or the cd version? if so do you get an error msg ?

Social Club version.

and no I don’t get an error. Just says
“FiveM has stopped responding” when it says “Initiating session”

The only way I’ve been able to run multiple GTA V versions (with the same version (steam/social club)) is by doing it like this:

1. Install GTA V to wherever you want (for example in: C:\Program Files\GTA V\)
  2. copy that GTA V folder
  3. rename that original GTA V folder to GTA V MODS (C:\Program Files\GTA V MODS\)
  4. paste the “GTA V” folder (you still have copied) inside *C:\Program Files* so you end up with these two folders:
  • C:\Program Files\GTA V\
  • C:\Program Files\GTA V MODS\
    (both containing a clean installation of GTA V)

Because you originally installed GTA V inside the “GTA V” folder, your game will always boot from that folder, even if you try to run the exe file inside your GTA V MODS folder, the game will still be launched inside your GTA V folder.

In case you want to play the game from the GTA V MODS folder, simply rename the current GTA V folder to something like GTA V (backup), next rename the GTA V MODS folder to GTA V and run the game from there.
To switch back, simply undo this proces by renaming the GTA V folder to GTA V MODS and the GTA V (backup) folder back to GTA V

Now make sure that inside your FiveM Application Data\CitizenFX.ini file you specify the game path to be “C:\Program Files\GTA V\” (or wherever you installed GTA V).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.